LC Seat comfort ?? anyone got any suggestions

Adventure Boy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After m 1500 mile trip to Ireland this week it would seem I could do with something done with or replace the seat
Ive fitted a pair of Wunderlich up and back bar risers which I like but they seem to sit me up a bit and make my arse hurt after about an hour

Whats the solution I know someone will say take the bar risers off but they make it more comfi for my hands and arms than uncomfortable for my arse !!

I dont like the look of Sheepskin seat pads although people do say they are good Ive got a air hawk which ive used before but would rather a decent seat, heard the Adventure seat is better but not sure if thats so

any advice would be helpful thanks
Rob

Sargent. Best shaped and most supportive seat for long distance/time in the saddle.

I've just ridden 1750 miles to the Stelvio and back over 5 days on my LC GSA and although the last day (591 miles) could have been bad, the sheepskin helped for sure. The rest of the time I was on a stock GSA seat and although a bit achey on the longer days, all in all it wasn't bad. I used to have a Kahedo or a Touratech (cant remember which!) on my last TB TC and that was excellent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howdy AB,

I use 20mm bar risers on mine and have always struggled with standard seats on the GSA, i always use sargeant seats for all day comfort, oh yeah, i like black :)

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 1,312
After coming from an LC GSA I have to say (that for me) the LC GS seat is truly bloody awful and cause me lower back pain after too shorter time

So I'm on the look out for some Triple Black GSA seats :thumby:

After coming from an LC GSA I have to say (that for me) the LC GS seat is truly bloody awful and cause me lower back pain after too shorter time

So I'm on the look out for some Triple Black GSA seats :thumby:

I did not think that the GS seats were any different from the GSA seats. The Triple Black seats are different, but they are the same whether for the GS TB or GSA TB.

After m 1500 mile trip to Ireland this week it would seem I could do with something done with or replace the seat
Ive fitted a pair of Wunderlich up and back bar risers which I like but they seem to sit me up a bit and make my arse hurt after about an hour

Whats the solution I know someone will say take the bar risers off but they make it more comfi for my hands and arms than uncomfortable for my arse !!

I dont like the look of Sheepskin seat pads although people do say they are good Ive got a air hawk which ive used before but would rather a decent seat, heard the Adventure seat is better but not sure if thats so

Rob

Hi. I have the Wunderlich up and back bar risers on a new GS LC + have rotated the bars slightly down (towards me - to a point where you just need to slightly adjust the mirror glass up a little, but the levers are hardly moved). This is the best set up. I also have the OEM 'comfort' seat (slightly wider than standard seat) which comes in regular height or a 'high' option. I have the regular comfort seat in the high position front and back. If you have a standard seat; try having it in the high position at the front and low position at the rear. This takes the weight off your wrists and nads - and you will shift back a bit. The comfort seat is notably more comfortable, but given how many Americans use things like the Sargent seats etc, they must be good / better. For extreme hot weather / long days, the sheepskin thing might be worth a look too. I spec bikes with the comfort seat every time; mindful that manufacturers (especially BMW) like to cash in on the options. If there is a 'comfort' option, go for it! If the Wunderlich risers are not quite 'enough', go for the Rox 2 inch pivot / up/back option (which need some minor cable re-routing). The Adventure Bike Shop Suffolk (Cliff) can supply and fit these). Good luck! LBJ.

I did not think that the GS seats were any different from the GSA seats. The Triple Black seats are different, but they are the same whether for the GS TB or GSA TB.

Believe me, from a sitting on and visual point of view, they are very different

2016-BMW-R1200GS-Triple-Black-special-edition.jpg

2017-BMW-R1200GS-Adventure-TripleBlack-1.jpg

That is the first thing I changed on my bike. Fitted a touratech seat and all is well for even the iron butt 1000 mile rides.

I have a BMW low seat on my GSA LC set in the high position at the front and an Air Hawk. I find the lower seat in the high position brings the seat flatter preventing me from sliding forward and crushing my nuts. Of course if you have long enough legs you can run the stock seat in high. The Air Hawk for me is a god send. I've just come back from 3000 miles around Europe with a few 350+ mile days completed without any problems. On a standard GS or GSA seat my backside is calling time after 100 miles max.

Seat Concepts, if available in the U.K. They do a nicer seat than Sargent IMO and for less money. Offered in different heights, all eliminate the forward slope into the tank and are a little wider where you sit. HUGE improvement.

Rob
Hi I have just sold my GS lc and put the standard seat back on! so I now have a High seat sat in the spare room (gen BMW one) would that be of use? it has a much flatter profile.
Nigel

Thanks guys Nigel do you have a picture of the seat mate I'd be very interested if your selling
Rob

I bought the BMW Exclusive seats with the lower option for my 2015 GSA. Mainly to get my feet flat on the floor. I have moved this across to my 2017 TB. Set high on the front and low on the back. I have noticed this year that I'm starting to shuffle about a lot sooner. I purchased an Airhawk Cruiser - Large. A trial fit seemed to improve things but it was still pushing bags of air where i didn't want them - Ooooh Errr Missus. I ordered the small version and this was much better. Seems to provide a cushion under those areas that were starting to ache. Still got to spend an enhanced time on the seat though.

That bike needs a good clean and polish !

The problem with seats is they are different for everyone.
I have a triple black gsa and it starts to hurt after a couple of hours, my old air-cooled standard gs seat was good for 12 hours at a time.
It's all about the position and the shape of your arse.
I would love to get a Sargent seat but for that much money untried I can guarantee my arse won't get on with it.
My remedy was a factory second sheepskin off eBay. Works great and only cost about £25/30 quid.

Back
Top Bottom