HeadLight Question

Sloth

Reaction score
Hi
Does any one have a headlight unit for a 13 on F800 Gs (Gsa) with the Glass intact .. not fussed about reflector or main body just the glass.
Cheers

Will have a look. Can't remember what I did with my old one! Replaced due to burnt reflector.

Damn! I must have binned it! Like most of us I rarely throw anything away but I have been trying to be more ruthless. Knew I shouldn't have done it. Fingers crossed that someone else will have one, burnt reflectors are not unknown on these bikes.

Hi squibb34
I cant access that page but thanks anyway .. BMW want £271 !!! ebay Cheapest I have seen £130 from Italy but its for a different part number (older version) to the one I want .

Hi squibb34
I cant access that page but thanks anyway .. BMW want £271 !!! ebay Cheapest I have seen £130 from Italy but its for a different part number (older version) to the one I want .

The add is from 'BenekGS' who wants £90 for an F800GS HL - I have asked if it is still available, along with the part number & will let you know the outcome idc.

Seems like the HL is still available, but Bernard (BenekGS) has a couple of others in the line discussing through PMs.

TBH I am not sure if you can send a PM without paying the sub off-hand? but you can but try if you are still interested.

Bernard tells me the Part number is:63127697752

I hope this helps. Cheers ......................... KEN

Just looking at alternatives, if Bernard can't help.

I see there are various Chinese/HK manufactures of replacement HL lenses, but I don't have any knowledge of thei quality of their products unfortunately. Seems like they want c USD 150 which sounds a bit strong.

eBay shows several generic alternatives for £10 -25, some with integrated turn signals even, aimed at the custom bike/streetfighter market. This could be a short term solution, until you can find an OE replacement.

Thanks Ken , I am pretty sure I cant use PM system but no worries . the part number doesn't seem to correspond to any on the OEM parts page .
Short term not a problem as mine is still usable just stone chipped and full length crack . checked the ebay thing out and most are for the older model H/lamps which dip either way Eur/UK .
I guess i'll just have to stump up the £271 :( ..
cheers
again for your help

A new headlamp from dealer should be manufactured by Hella. They were previously were made by CEV. Not sure when the change was but my bike is a 2012 and it had a CEV. The Hella is supposedly better and the reflector less prone to blackening. I bought a new CEV one off ebay from Italy for about £160 but it is a RH dip. Not a problem though, the MOT guy just put a piece of tape in the appropriate place on the glass to mask it! Whilst the CEV lamps were made in RH or LH dip, I believe the Hella is universal.
Link for where I got mine if you are interested;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEADLIGHT...801901?hash=item3addb6192d:g:c-IAAOSwQJhUdL0n

SeaHorse and BenekGS Mine is a 16 plate and has the hella unit which has been stone chipped which led to crack, was hoping to maybe get hold of just the glass as i'd people talking about melted reflectors etc and was going to transplant the glass .
Anyway thanks to everyone who replied
Cheers
Sloth

I have one of these with burnt reflector [I think] in the garage if you want it you will have to wait till next week though as Im at BMW till Sunday

0afa42bfa8fc91b629755f5959cc5f85.png

Hi Bud
Just back to normal after a great weekend with BMW Wales so I had a look at the headlight re the front lens.It looks like the front lens and the reflector are one complete moulded piece expoxied into a plastic housing. I can post it if you want but I dont think its going to do you any good.

I purchased this one for my F800GS on ebay for £135 + postage hence this used part
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FANALE-FA...667864?hash=item3a9c6fadd8:g:c-IAAOSwQJhUdL0n

Hi Andi ... Glad you had a good one :)
yeh have seen them on Ebay .. different beam pattern . I plan on splitting the one I have and the one you have and transferring the good Glass .
So yeh would still be interested .
I only live over the big hill from Manchester . LoL
if you send us an email .. i'll message ya back maybe arrange a meet if that suits .
Cheers
Wayne

Back
Top Bottom