Starter problem urgent!!

Got mine from Ebay in Germany about £23.
It was for a Bosch starter and this is the item
Original Bosch Kohlenhalter Bürstenhalter Kohlen Anlasser für Motorrad BMW R1200
Hope this helps

Sometimes the brushes are sticking. A good clean often enough to have it working again. Obviously, short worn brushes need to be replaced but you wont know until you take a look.

Got mine from Ebay in Germany about £23.
It was for a Bosch starter and this is the item
Original Bosch Kohlenhalter Bürstenhalter Kohlen Anlasser für Motorrad BMW R1200
Hope this helps

All the 2008's use the Valeo starter -

I've just looked through my invoices - It was £20.25 from Starterok (Ex postage etc)

Sorry didn't read the OP.
Mines a 2012 so apologies for causing any confusion!!

I have recently acquired my first 2008 r1200gs, no problems,running fine...
Then
Tried starting today yellow triangle,engine light and audible clack from starter area.
Tried again, clackclackclack,help!
Former owner says new battery
Well Paul a month ago you asked for help and help was given, rightly or wrongly, as a new member the lest you could have done was thanked people for there help and suggestions, then told people what the problem was and how it was rectified

He didn't subscribe so probably just joined for some free advice, then fecked off.
See it on forums all the time.

Hi Dennis,,
Sorry haven't replied...
It turned out I was worrying for nowt!
The terminal on the positive on battery was tight but on inspection ,was floating around said terminal.
I go abroad a lot and have been away...thanks for your concern.
Still, got new battery ,motobatt ...and trickle charger...
Again,thanks
Trying to think of apt quotation....but can only quote from muppet show..lol

I'm back, didn't feck off
Don't judge a book by the cover guys.
I'm serious about my gs, serious about biking.
Subscribing will be done as I've been away other things more pressing believe it or not.

Thanks for all your replies, problem turned out to be with the positive terminal, new motobatt battery now fitted, trickle charger on the way...thanks again.

Excellent news Paul, well done on finding it, that could have been an expensive exercise.

Now you're subbed up, get stuck in to UKGSER, it is a different world in here.:beerjug:

Yes there are a few people with loose terminals in here too........ Glad it was something simple bud, Keep riding :thumby:

I'm back, didn't feck off
Don't judge a book by the cover guys.
I'm serious about my gs, serious about biking.
Subscribing will be done as I've been away other things more pressing believe it or not.

Thanks for all your replies, problem turned out to be with the positive terminal, new motobatt battery now fitted, trickle charger on the way...thanks again.

Glad you got it sorted, which trickle charger did you go for?

Hi Bungy, charger is the Optimate 4, sound piece of kit, bit pricey but on balance should see me good for a few years.
Bmw philosophy ...you only get what you pay for !

Cheers matey, some rather sensitive peeps in here...
Sometimes the obvious things are assumed to be ok...and overlooked.lesson learnt!

Back
Top Bottom