Stinking Wet Motocross Boots

If you know better and don't like the answers from people on here that have years of experience, then, why bother asking the question?

Sealskins, boots with a tread (as opposed to smooth MX soles) and comfy, loose fitting over boot troos are the ideal.

Andres

Also.... my boots are so big with calf protection, honestly dont think my trousers would fit over them.

I do wear waterproof socks (sealskins) for what its worth

If you know better and don't like the answers from people on here that have years of experience, then, why bother asking the question?

Sealskins, boots with a tread (as opposed to smooth MX soles) and comfy, loose fitting over boot troos are the ideal.

Andres

Hey fuck off.

I'm asking how to dry my boots. Not how to wear my trousers.

Hey fuck off.

I'm asking how to dry my boots. Not how to wear my trousers.

And I answered your original question.

I totally get you are into 'all the gear and no idea', hey I was like that once.......... Now learn some humility, take advice from those with experience and stay loose dude, otherwise you will come across as a complete prick :)

Andres

Andres

He's young and knows it all

It's years since I have had wet feet/boots from riding Trials or trail riding

I have cheap system that works

Army goretex is cheap as chips

But what do we know ?

I totally get you are into 'all the gear and no idea', hey I was like that once.......... Now learn some humility, take advice from those with experience and stay loose dude, otherwise you will come across as a complete prick :)

Andres

I do appreciate peoples comments and feedback. It does help and I am listening.

All the gear, no idea doesnt help.

I'm wearing motocross boots because I wasn't allowed to take training wighout them

Everything else is 6 years old kit.

Andres

Good answer

He doesn't do humble and always likes the last word

Still ....

One day he'll get older & wiser

Every day is a school day - it just takes age & experiences to appreciate it

Warlord may grow into it one day

I do appreciate peoples comments and feedback. It does help and I am listening.....

Like JB says, some £20 army surplus goretex overtrousers with elasticated bottoms (Over your boots .. :D) will keep your feet pretty much bone dry (short of wading through a river) ....

He's young and knows it all

It's years since I have had wet feet/boots from riding Trials or trail riding

I have cheap system that works

Army goretex is cheap as chips

But what do we know ?

Actually I'm old but still prepared to try new stuff and learn.

My boots got wet because it was the first time I've been in deep mud crossing 2 foot deep trenches

Got to start somewhere.

Like JB says, some £20 army surplus goretex overtrousers with elasticated bottoms (Over your boots .. :D) will keep your feet pretty much bone dry (short of wading through a river) ....

Ok, I'm sure I've got some of those somewhere.

I had no idea what to expect on this first rideout, so can better prepare myself next time.

And maybe not fall off as much

:D

Ok, I'm sure I've got some of those somewhere.

I had no idea what to expect on this first rideout, so can better prepare myself next time.

And maybe not fall off as much

:D

Again complete bollox!

if you're anything like me you'll keep on falling off just as much........................

Andres

Again complete bollox!

if you're anything like me you'll keep on falling off just as much........................

Andres

Well maybe we have 0.0000001% in common then.

I fully intend to keep trying, and if falling off is mandatory... so be it.

Trousers in, trousers out.

Whatever :D

Actually I'm old but still prepared to try new stuff and learn.

My boots got wet because it was the first time I've been in deep mud crossing 2 foot deep trenches

Got to start somewhere.

Good

Layers are your friend

Road biased kit isn't - inflexible and too warm even in winter (not talking Klim - but that is outrageously expensive)

Me

Moto x or Trials pants (depending on which discipline)

Force field knee guards

Moto x socks - padded and reinforced

Army goretex oversocks, in boots

Then I wear waterproof enduro gaiters over the part where boots meet enduro trousers at top of boots - all held in place by strips of rubber from old inner tube, top & bottom of gaiters

If it's wet I wear walking goretex over trousers over the lot with rubber inner tube strips at boot ankles to keep the over trousers from riding up and stopping any water ingress

Even wading in 3-4' of water I have never had wet feet

OK thanks JB

I'll try and get some stuff together

Back
Top Bottom