Morocco in July?

geezer2005

Reaction score
I had booked to join a tour to Morocco this year in October, but due to work had to cancel.

Still really want to go, but can only do July next year, and there are no organised tours in July that I can see.

So a couple of questions, What is the weather like in July? Also, as it would be my first time there, is it advisable to go with others, or is it safe enough going solo?

I had booked to join a tour to Morocco this year in October, but due to work had to cancel.

Still really want to go, but can only do July next year, and there are no organised tours in July that I can see.

So a couple of questions, What is the weather like in July? Also, as it would be my first time there, is it advisable to go with others, or is it safe enough going solo?

Hi

It is going to be too hot and in my view a very high risk to go solo. Toured Morocco twice once being early June and temperatures were in the low 40C then. The second time I came off the bike in a very rural area and was hurt. Lucky I had a mate riding with me without his help god knows what would have happened. He flagged down a passing van and the driver of that van took me to the nearest hospital. Bike or rider were in no condition to ride any further. Imagine being by yourself in these circumstances the bike would be strip and sold as spares before you got out of hospital .

Derek

Derek

Christ it will be hot ... you want an organised tour try Toro Adventures .. they started earlier this year and a friend of mine was invited along for their first trip ... looked very good .. worth a try or TEAPOTONE may go to Morocco ... both on all social media so give them a go .... hope this helps ... and i would go with someone as a first timer ...

Thanks for the replies.

I expected it would be better to go with a group!

Will have a look at some organised tours.

Thanks for the replies.

I expected it would be better to go with a group!

Will have a look at some organised tours.
July will be baking .....as for travelling alone ....and I have been in Morocco many times...I find the majority of Moroccans to be lovely people..some bad areas as you have in any country but the more remote the area the nicer the people. Never had a bad incident ever..unlike Europe.. also have a look at www.moroccanmotorcycletours.co.uk. Or have a look at their Facebook page it’s full of info.....

July will be baking .....as for travelling alone ....and I have been in Morocco many times...I find the majority of Moroccans to be lovely people..some bad areas as you have in any country but the more remote the area the nicer the people. Never had a bad incident ever..unlike Europe.. also have a look at www.moroccanmotorcycletours.co.uk. Or have a look at their Facebook page it’s full of info.....

The man speaks sense

I really wouldn't go in July, it'll mostly be stoopid hot. John (above) is spot on re people in Maroc, mirrors my experience out there and I've travelled solo out there with no issues

Re tours, I've not used Peter's services as a guide (only ever stayed at his gaff) but he is one sound dude so maybe worth checking out his tours as well...... http://www.bikershome.net/home/

Andres

Hi

This riding solo is great unless you come off in a remote area like I did. It is like not wearing a seat belt which is completely safe unless you have an accident. Believe me you could be dead before another passing vehicle appeared. I would have been in total shit if I had been riding alone when I hit a dog that took me off. Bike was fucked plus I needed a hospital ASAP.

Derek

Peter B is normally in Spain in July and I doubt you will find a tour company who will be active as there's no demand.

July will be hot with both air temperature and the strength of the sun. The hours 1400 until 1900 will be the worse with the maximum temperature around 1600-1700.

I always ride solo and July is doable but you will really have to plan your days carefully. Make sure your hotels will be OK with early departures. Up, shower and pack before dawn (first light) which is still 30-40 mins before sunrise, plenty of tea/coffee with breakfast, retrieve a frozen 1.5-litre bottle of water from the hotel freezer, chug-a-lugg half a litre of water and then set out with the sunrise which will be about 0600. It might already be 25ºC. Drink plenty as you ride—aim for at least two 1.5-litre bottles. Stop for the night no later than 1400 at a hotel with pool. Make sure the walls and roof of your room haven't been baking in the sun all day otherwise it will be like sleeping in a storage radiator. Have a dip in the pool, go to sleep 1600 until 1900, then dinner with lots more water. Enjoy the relative cool of the evening and have another swim to get your core temperature down before you turn in for the night. Repeat as above for the remainder of the trip.

Don't be ambitious with distances. Plan some rest days. If it gets really hot and you have access to water, thoroughly soak all your riding gear in water, it acts like a refrigerator. Spain will likely also be the same temperatures. Air temperatures (but not the heat of the sun) will be cooler with altitude in the mountains, or with sea breezes on the coast.

Back
Top Bottom