HEXEZCAN or CANSWITCH ?

Cancel my last.

There is a downloadable manual from the website...

There is a picture in there, and it looks like quite a chunky unit, though I couldn't find any dimensions quoted. Could be a problem finding a suitable location for it. The other thing I don't much like is that the accessory outputs don't come as power/earth pairs. It appears that here are several earth wires on the single connector but not enough for all the outputs, which could make for messy wiring. I much prefer units which provide both a power and earth for each output, preferably on individual connectors as I think this makes for easier and tidier wiring.

There is a picture in there, and it looks like quite a chunky unit, though I couldn't find any dimensions quoted. Could be a problem finding a suitable location for it. The other thing I don't much like is that the accessory outputs don't come as power/earth pairs. It appears that here are several earth wires on the single connector but not enough for all the outputs, which could make for messy wiring. I much prefer units which provide both a power and earth for each output, preferably on individual connectors as I think this makes for easier and tidier wiring.

Yes, agreed....it does look large. The competition is very small and easy to install....

I have it under the front seat and it is guarded from excess water but a lot on the electrical items on the bike are not 100% waterproof so hopefully it will not be an issue!

Would you mind giving rough dimension of the unit and an image of the installed unit please?

Would you mind giving rough dimension of the unit and an image of the installed unit please?

Can do, but I will not be at my garage till Saturday ,but it is smaller than a PDM60 which I replaced with the Canswitch.

I know this thread is about Canswitch but as Cansmart has already been mentioned some might find this video useful.

hex all the way f me runnin loud horn extra spots camera and not sure what im doing with spare output yet???

Damn only just realised the Denali cansmart does not turn the lights off when turn signal is working, but still happy easy installation.

At the risk of sounding stupid, what are the main differences (if any) other than the Denali Cansmart doesn't switch off the auxiliary lights when indicating, between the Hexezcan & CanSwitch (new boy on the block I think) & the Denali Cansmart.
Basically I want to fit a set of LED lights + a Denali Sound bomb to my 2017 model and my technical ability is limited ( read crap) ,so which would be easier to fit ?
Thanks in anticipation .
Livo.

Check their website but I think the Denali device only supports their light fittings whereas the other two will work with any make of light.That said I think the leads on the Denali device come pre made and are just plug and play unlike the others which provide a plug and small leads which the installer must add additional wiring either soldering or connection block.

912d61fa1581a115aa765d92a7eb4da4.png

At the risk of sounding stupid, what are the main differences (if any) other than the Denali Cansmart doesn't switch off the auxiliary lights when indicating, between the Hexezcan & CanSwitch (new boy on the block I think) & the Denali Cansmart.
Basically I want to fit a set of LED lights + a Denali Sound bomb to my 2017 model and my technical ability is limited ( read crap) ,so which would be easier to fit ?
Thanks in anticipation .
Livo.

+1 like Andy says, if you want life super easy, go with Denali, and Denali lights, it is really easy, only difference as been explained is Denali does not cancel turn signals, for the moment.

Just fitted a HEX ezCAN to a 1200 hexhead - really good piece of kit and I don’t think the Denali unit supports non water cooled bikes

I did go with the Denali spots though and they are quality

Just fitted a HEX ezCAN to a 1200 hexhead - really good piece of kit and I don’t think the Denali unit supports non water cooled bikes

I did go with the Denali spots though and they are quality

Bang on have the full Denali cansmart and spots and it is top notch quality, on a LC mind you, bought from shop below pleasure to deal with.

http://www.sportouring.co.uk/

I did fit a £3 led rear light bar which does all the flashing at programmable speed etc with the hexezcan unit - don’t know if the Denali canbus unit allows for this

The Denali does not shut down the spot, when turn signal is used, roughly only difference I have seen, but I would have liked that option, but did not read the small print ......:blast

I have the CANswitch installed in my -15 GSA. It currently drives my rewired AUX lights, which means I may keep the AUX lights on also when using DRL (Daytime Running Lights). I also use one output to drive my garagedoor-opener. I have two cannels that drive two relays, one relay for "Ignition on" and one relay for "Engine running", the latter for driving my wifes heathed garments.
A friend of mine is setting up his CANswitch to drive his heathed jacket directly so he may adjust the heat with the Wonderwheel.

If the functions of the HEX EZcan fully covers your needs, the EZCan is slightly smaler in size and is the one for you. If on the other hand you catch your self thinking of optional stuff you would like to control without adding extra switches, and you have the slightest clue about programming, then the CANswitch is for you. It does come preprogrammed and works fine, but the standard program installed is not very much different from the EZcan. The CAN switch is slightly bulkier than the EZcan, but both will fit under the pillion seat, so not a major issue.

The CAN switch is produced in South Afrika, and I suspect the "company" to be a one man show. But having bought 4 units from the guy within the last 18 months my impression of the guy is "solid wood".

Back
Top Bottom