TKC70, or...?

I’ll also add,the Gs range of bikes will the telelever fork lend themselves to a higher corner speed,higher braking forces as well as trailing the brakes into a corner.
It’s no wonder the front tyre has a hard time:D

My TKC 70'S had an easy time trolling across 6500 miles of the USA prairies with not a lot of twisties, no braking into corners, no late braking or anything else you would like to throw in to the mix and yet the front tyre scalloped. Work that out people.:aidan

My TKC 70'S had an easy time trolling across 6500 miles of the USA prairies with not a lot of twisties, no braking into corners, no late braking or anything else you would like to throw in to the mix and yet the front tyre scalloped. Work that out people.:aidan

Sounds like they wear funny. Losing that front end vibration when the new shock went in, makes me suspect suspension patter was/is part of the problem. How many bikes have OEM shocks that are not leaking but really should be overhauled?

I almost never brake into corners, but I do properly counter steer my bikes (no choice on the GS ;)) That loads the front tyre and wears the shoulders. The centre line also wears more on the aft end of tread blocks, though not so much as the shoulders.

Heidenau's are great tyres and last well. The thing that puts me off them on the 150 (rear) fitment is the broad band up the centre
which the 150 Mitas does have but no where near as wide. This band imo compromises to some degree the grip in loose surface conditions
as compared to the E07. That said, my buddy has run the K60's for thousands of miles, loves them and goes anywhere i do without a problem.
In the end it comes down to what you feel confident/comfortable with. The Mitas being cheaper than the K60's is also a factor in my choice.

Yup, it's all about the use. I do take the GS offroad and I have to say that the only limiting factor is me. The band in the middle is actually not that wide and if aynthing it makes for better evacuation of muck to the sides. Grooves are still deep enough and the tyre does bite. Front tyre inspires lots of confidence as well :)

But then again, I have not tried the TKCs so can't really tell.

On the road, after a few miles you don't even remember that you're con 50/50 tyres. Cheap as chips as you said.

Mitas E07 Dakar. Superb tyres.
Overcooked a left hand bend when fully loaded but the tyres gripped whilst scrapping my left boot round the bend. Mate behind me swore I'd never make the bend at that speed but the tyres just gripped and gave full confidence. Would recommend them any day. It was dry I should add.

I found the TKC70 was great on wet roads and loose pea gravel but totally crap on mud or even wet grass. They also weave at high speed which to be fair is expected for a >25% off road tyre.
Can anyone comment how Mitas MT07 compares on tread life with K60s. The latter are said to last very well indeed.

Just be done with it and try the new Pirelli or Metzler.

I did and the bike felt like a tank in the handling stakes. The TKC-70 really does lighten the handling. Shame about the strange wear pattern. Looks like the next set will be K60 Scouts.

I did and the bike felt like a tank in the handling stakes. The TKC-70 really does lighten the handling. Shame about the strange wear pattern. Looks like the next set will be K60 Scouts.

You'll not go wrong with them and you wont be buying new tyres for quite a while :thumb2

Bendy, you couldn't have been the Metzler Karoo Street, they aren't in the shops yet.

Did you try the STR version of the Pirelli Scorpion Rally?

I loved the TKC 70.........until the front started scalloping.

Sent from a U11

I thought you meant the Tourance. Probably the most heavy handling tyres I’ve used on the bike.

Back
Top Bottom