Thread: Looking for a 1200gs of some description, advice appreciated.

Looking for a 1200gs of some description, advice appreciated.

Hi guys, former member here (when I owned an 1150), now looking for some advice on later models.

I’m in the position where I am looking for a new bike, it needs to be a 2up capable tourer with a modicum of handling and not need much in the way of maintenance.

The 1200GS appeal because they seem easy to get parts for and can be customised easily.

I have up to £8k to spend. Which model year and variant should I go for?

I’m reasonably handy, but don’t want a project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07875 304772
    You should pick up a twin cam GSA for under £8k Best of the pre-wc variants, and most niggles were sorted.

There's a lot more 'Road Presence' with the GSA compared to the GS (imho) more weather protection as well. if height is a problem I was fine with a Sargent Low seat on the GSA ( 5'9" and 30" inside leg on a good day )

My old 2010 GSA with 70k on the clock has just re-sold on here for under £6k . A lot of bike for the money

Thanks Bryn.

Sounds like I can stretch to a 2010 up, depending on spec. Any options that folk recommend (luggage is a must)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

07875 304772
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktok View Post
    Thanks Bryn.

Sounds like I can stretch to a 2010 up, depending on spec. Any options that folk recommend (luggage is a must)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Best advice I can give you is become a subscriber, and buy one off here.... There are a couple of good ones for sale at the moment. My last 8 (or so) GS's were bought off UKGSer ...

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    hi i may sell my 1200gs triple black,its fully loaded, loads of extras ,side stand enlarger,full vario lugage, adventure screen, garmin satnav with intercom,adventure foot pegs,crashbars,HID dip headlight/esa suspention adjustable for 2up/wunderlich side tool bags with puncture repair kit & tool kit,front engine crud catcher,beak extender,rear mudsling,lowerd topbox mount,gopro front mount,decar exhaust ,exhaust flap removed,full service history 16500mls,new rear tyre years mot,superb bike that dose evrything, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by mrwilks View Post
    hi i may sell my 1200gs triple black,its fully loaded, loads of extras ,side stand enlarger,full vario lugage, adventure screen, garmin satnav with intercom,adventure foot pegs,crashbars,HID dip headlight/esa suspention adjustable for 2up/wunderlich side tool bags with puncture repair kit & tool kit,front engine crud catcher,beak extender,rear mudsling,lowerd topbox mount,gopro front mount,decar exhaust ,exhaust flap removed,full service history 16500mls,new rear tyre years mot,superb bike that dose evrything, 2011
    Sounds awesome, what makes the Triple Black special? Is it just a cosmetic variant? Any pics?