TFT Trip Meter Reset

Morph

Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently bought a R1200GS TE. I'm having problems finding out I reset the trip distance meter to zero.
I cant find anything in the manual or on the internet. I dont want to rely on the computer predicted miles let in the tank.
I would prefer to reset the trip when fill up. has anyone found a way of zeroing the trip ?

Thanks for any help

Go into "my vehicle" (i think, memory poor) then toggle right on the wonder wheel for trips 1 & 2 , press menu button down for reset all values. job done.
Zeroing either trip wont affect your miles to empty data.

Hope that helps.

Hi, They must have modified the Manuel. \it now refers to the cruise control. In mine its section 4 page 90. Doesnt really cover trip reset, but I'll submit how to do it later for others.

Hi, They must have modified the Manuel. \it now refers to the cruise control. In mine its section 4 page 90. Doesnt really cover trip reset, but I'll submit how to do it later for others.

Yes correct it is now section 5 page 106

Thanks for all the help.

I thought there might be an easier way than going to my vehicle
Right to on board computer. Right to trip computer. Down to select Autom reset or reset all. This resets both trips.

I used to press a button a couple of times on my old GS. Guess this is progress.

If I remember correctly:-

To reset TRIP 1

Go to 'MY VEHICLE'. Scroll to 'ONBOARD COMPUTER' using the wheel. Here you can set all values, including TRIP 1 individually or all.

To reset TRIP 2

Go to 'MY VEHICLE'.Use the wheel to scroll to 'TRIP COMPUTER'. Unfortunately there is no option to set each value individually. It's all or nothing.

Hope this helps

Mike

Trip

Hi,

Tried the above suggestion when I arrived home.

The onboard computer doesn't allow the option to just reset the trip meter only....

Break, journey, current mi, avg speed and avg consumption.

All I want is to rely on the trip meter for fuel rather than the calculated.

Tony

Back
Top Bottom