Rear carrier screws loose

Anyone else noticed this?

The Torx T30s always vibrate loose over a week or so of continuous use with the Vario top box fitted - will thread lock the tomorrow.

Don't use a high strength thread lock that requires heat to release, I would use Loctite 222 or similar if its just to stop them shaking loose.

The Torx T30s always vibrate loose over a week or so of continuous use with the Vario top box fitted - will thread lock the tomorrow.

Took my Vario topcase of the other week to sell and the t30,s were nice and snug and had no loctite on them, a little bit of Blue should solve your problem, I would check the longer bolts are not loose.

Took my Vario topcase of the other week to sell and the t30,s were nice and snug and had no loctite on them, a little bit of Blue should solve your problem, I would check the longer bolts are not loose.

I check them all each time I wash the bike and the T30s are always guaranteed to be loose - don’t think they can ever come all the way out when the topbox is in place but it might rattle a bit.

I check them all each time I wash the bike and the T30s are always guaranteed to be loose - don’t think they can ever come all the way out when the topbox is in place but it might rattle a bit.

They should not be loose, maybe they where overtightened and stretched, and need replacing.

They should not be loose, maybe they where overtightened and stretched, and need replacing.

I think they just vibrate loose - new bike bought in April but topbox carrier swapped over from 2015 bike - I have no particular recollection of them coming loose on that bike - I’ll try a ‘weak’ threadlock and see how it goes.

Noticed this on mine a couple of weeks ago so yes...

Loctited mine when they came loose. This is the second bike the carrier's been on. I think the original bolts in the carrier kit are ready-threadlocked in the kit.

Loctite 243 when you get around to fixing it. You'll also find out how expensive that stuff is.

Yes I've lost a few over 2 years. These ones don't corrode. All the fasteners should be of this quality on the bike :D

I’m pretty sure that they come from the factory thread-locked, but when folk replace the standard pad for the top box carrier pad they don’t apply fresh lock-tight hence the problem. Add some lock-tight screw ‘em down tight and it will sort it. :thumb

Yes I've lost a few over 2 years. These ones don't corrode. All the fasteners should be of this quality on the bike :D

Maybe the use of less corrosion resistant bolts allows them to miss out the thread lock, assuming they will rust in place within a couple of weeks of ownership?

Back
Top Bottom