Anyone test-ridden the new 1250 GS yet ?

I think they are beautiful , a work of art , not some bug faced power sled , buzzbar …. other brands will be mocked as well to keep it fair ..

Surely you haven’t been on the sauce this early in the day? :eek::D

Not yet , only kidding , but the BM is a great looking bike , it always has someone saying , butt ugly but most of the time people appreciate the engineering and design and admire the concept.:thumb

I've never heard anyone say the R1200 is ugly... never.

I've heard people comment on the KTM's bug eyes being ugly though...

Just saying...

The GS is ugly.
I didn't buy mine for the looks.
Even the v-strom is a better looking bike.

The GS is ugly.
I didn't buy mine for the looks.
Even the v-strom is a better looking bike.

Are you pissed , the Suzuki Jelly mould is fookin awful man...slap yourself with a fish, and hid in a corner due to your silliness...…….:bounce1

I've never heard anyone say the R1200 is ugly... never.

I've heard people comment on the KTM's bug eyes being ugly though...

Just saying...

Most of my mates say that , but they ride KTM , Yamaha Ducatti and Honda , but I just smile and sigh at them , simpletons .
To add I was waiting at a level crossing towards wales when a nice chap in his convertible Aston commented how beautiful my bike looked and how it was such a handsome chap was riding ……...

Most of my mates say that , but they ride KTM , Yamaha Ducatti and Honda , but I just smile and sigh at them , simpletons .
To add I was waiting at a level crossing towards wales when a nice chap in his convertible Aston commented how beautiful my bike looked and how it was such a handsome chap was riding ……...

Did you get his number.... :D

Are you pissed , the Suzuki Jelly mould is fookin awful man...slap yourself with a fish, and hid in a corner due to your silliness...…….:bounce1

Pissed ? possibly.
Blind ? No.
The GS looks like somebody set fire to it and put it out with a cricket bat.
It's a bit like the missus, great personality..................

Why all the talk about the beauty or lack of it? Go start another thread for that this one is about riding the bike.

I like my 1250 Rallye including the gold wheels.
I came from an XR which is a great bike but I wanted a GS now. I am very happy with the GS in all departments. Ok it may not be as fast as the XR but it is comfortable, quick enough, handles well and the TFT screen is fantastic. No buzzing in mirrors like the XR.
Been riding 40 years and nearing retirement the GS is the one to have. Its my choice and my money.

I like my 1250 Rallye including the gold wheels.
I came from an XR which is a great bike but I wanted a GS now. I am very happy with the GS in all departments. Ok it may not be as fast as the XR but it is comfortable, quick enough, handles well and the TFT screen is fantastic. No buzzing in mirrors like the XR.
Been riding 40 years and nearing retirement the GS is the one to have. Its my choice and my money.

Quite right :thumb

If we all liked the same thing we would only ever need one model and style of bike. No personalisation, no variation in colour, etc etc.

You like your bike, and you’re happy. Job done :thumb

Quite right :thumb

If we all liked the same thing we would only ever need one model and style of bike. No personalisation, no variation in colour, etc etc.

Thats KTM.

One style, one colour..... Dirt bike Orange

If Victorinox made a bike it would be the GS or GSA-LC.

The Swiss Army knife of bikes ;)

You sure they updated the ESA compared to say even the 2017.5 2018 ESA as I couldn’t feel any difference

I was looking at some unregistered 1200’s at Allan Jeffries this afternoon and they still had Sachs rear ESA shock absorbers, whereas the 1250’s had ZF ones.

I knew ZF made gearboxes (like the automatic box in my 320d), but didn’t realise they made shock absorbers too.

Back
Top Bottom