Blackpool - illuminations and chip shop suggestions

ronnie69

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Heading to Blackpool tomorrow with kids (aged 3 and 20 months respectively) to show them the illuminations and other delights. Just there for the day.

Looked at BI website but also after local knowledge. Is there for example a circular (?) tram and/or local bus route which might not be obvious from the usual online sources which might delight the urchins?

Also, any chippy recommendations (as in ‘fish and’ purveyors, rather than skilled carpenters)?

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blackpool

You may get a better response if you try asking in the North West section.

The tram mini tour starts at the pleasure beach heads north just past the tower and returns for £3.50 adults £2 kids. Dont drive to see the lights, its a long traffic jam.

3 yrs and 20 months....
I feel your pain Ronnie - ours are 3 1/2 & 1 1/2!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I lived near Blackpool many years ago now but if you are going for the day i would suggest Blackpool Zoo for the kids as it used to be pretty good

As for a Chippy just avoid the sea front tourist traps and you should be ok although there used to be a very good one nearer to fleetwood if you drive out along the front and about 3 miles outside fleetwood

As said it was 30 years ago so probably best not to listen to me

Good friend of mine runs a hotel in Blackpool. Him and his transvestite friends love riding the trams along the seafront.

Always reminds me of the Little Britain sketches

There's one in Bispham just off the prom which isn't bad, gets busy though.

The Top Chippy

Park up south promenade past the Pleasure Beach, get the tram to see the illuminations, get off at Bispham then tram back.
Also the chippy on the front of St Annes pier is good.

If you are going to drive through the lights, go south to north, as it is usually quieter, and do it as early as possible (But in the dark).

Whelan's in Lytham was always our favourite on the drive back from t'luminations...

Thanks for all the comments. Sunny intervals forecast and it’s oop north so will be festooned with salt of the earth bikermate types so what’s not to like.

Walk on the prom and beach in bracing sea air, possible donkey ride if they’re about, tram ride, illuminations, fish and chips with hardly a scream or argument to be heard from the urchins. Hooray.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom