Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R1200GSA Additional rear light/s

R1200GSA Additional rear light/s

Having just fitted a full Les Wassall HiD kit on my 12 a work collegue pointed out after passing him in traffic how insignificant my rear light looked in comparison with the veritable daylight coming from the front. So a plan was hatched.........................

A second rear light fitted to a Wunderlich rear number plate extender and an auxillary light fitted to each pannier.

I took a switched feed from the back of the auxilary socket under the seat up to a relay under the pillion seat plate and fed all three lights from there. the panniers have waterproof quick lock plugs and are a piece of cake to plug in and unplug.

I couldn't be happier with the result!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Restoration and Paint services - Electrical installations

07714 266 627

www.ctmotorcycleservices.co.uk

https://www.facebook.com/ctmotorcycleservices

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Neat install. out of interest where did you source the quick lock waterproof quicklock connectors and how much are they?
    "Insanity does not run in my family, rather, it strolls through, taking it's time, getting to know everyone personally!"

Survived Calum's Road to the Gambia 2010

Paranoid

Quote Originally Posted by Tunneruk View Post

A second rear light fitted to a Wunderlich rear number plate extender and an auxillary light fitted to each pannier.

It's almost as good as a GoldWing.
    KTM 1190 Adventure & Glock 19....Made in Austria

Scotland lover
    Putney, London and the Altiplano de Granada
    I particularly like the auxiliary lights on the panniers. I found that in Casablanca and other large Moroccan towns the petite taxi drivers are fond of 'lane sharing' and just don't notice the width of the panniers.
    "For sheer delight there is nothing like altitude; it gives one the thrill of adventure
    and enlarges the world in which you live,"
    Irving Mather (1892-1966)

Access the Morocco GS Knowledgebase

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Neat install. out of interest where did you source the quick lock waterproof quicklock connectors and how much are they?
    I got all the bits here http://www.dun-bri.com/ I think the plugs + waterproof boots were a couple of quid each.

07714 266 627

Quote Originally Posted by Davy F View Post
    It's almost as good as a GoldWing.
    It's almost unavoidable really.

07714 266 627

Quote Originally Posted by Tunneruk View Post
    I got all the bits here http://www.dun-bri.com/ I think the plugs + waterproof boots were a couple of quid each.
    Thanks for that, I like he idea of the lights on the panniers
    "Insanity does not run in my family, rather, it strolls through, taking it's time, getting to know everyone personally!"

Survived Calum's Road to the Gambia 2010

Got the insperation so. Just fitted these to the panniers. Easy once you commit to drilling holes in your panniers

Took the feed from the headlight dip beam (yellow wire) so go on/off with the ignition. LEDs so low current and no probs with canbus. Difficult to see the brightness but the same as the tail light. Look neat when off. Overall very pleased.
    Now had a practice on mine got to do it all again on Sues….
    Money isn't everything.But it keeps the kids intouch

You could avoid drilling the case with some self adhesive LED repeater lights. Find some that dont have a boss on the back intended to through a car's wing or do some surgery on the boss and seal with electronics grade silicone. Then run the wire along the edge of the case trim with some exterior grade double sided tape.

I have found these connectors to be very tough. They have far more power capacity than needed but they wont fall apart

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nk...at=0&_from=R40

thats a tidy looking job Chris
    Dont Bogart that joint my friend, pass it over to me

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    thats a tidy looking job Chris
    Cheers fella!,

Just got your PM, I'll speak to you tomorrow

07714 266 627

Better picture of the lights on panniers, as requested. As they do stick into panniers slightly, about20/25mm, made some stainless covers to protect the ends.
    Just got to get something to line the panniers with so dont get black alloy rubbings all over stuff but quite pleased with the results and although not to bright during day lights very visable/bright at night.

Finally finished the lights and made it all tidy. Used some van lining material to line the panniers, no more helmet rattling round or dirty marks on bags etc. We went out on the bikes for the day yesterday and late back so got a good Idea what they are like. Lights are similar in brightness to original so really visible without being too much. Quick release connector’s waterproof and easy to use. Overall very pleased with the end result.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Finally finished the lights and made it all tidy. Used some van lining material to line the panniers, no more helmet rattling round or dirty marks on bags etc. We went out on the bikes for the day yesterday and late back so got a good Idea what they are like. Lights are similar in brightness to original so really visible without being too much. Quick release connector’s waterproof and easy to use. Overall very pleased with the end result.
    Nice Job!

07714 266 627

Ted, I just need to point out that your index plate is not legal like that, you are asking for trouble from the police if you are riding around with it like that!

Reality you can rely on...

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Quote Originally Posted by Ash700 View Post
    Ted, I just need to point out that your index plate is not legal like that, you are asking for trouble from the police if you are riding around with it like that!
    A sense of humour... whatever next!

What I'm out for is a good time...

All the rest is propaganda!

My Photos

R100RT - 1979

R100GS - 1989

Mazda MX5 - 2002

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast