1300gs battery dimensions

JDS

Reaction score
I'm thinking now of changing the battery myself. I know you shouldn't have to but I'm sure many after market batteries are better than the BMW supplied one. I've had the starter relay done a couple of days ago after 2k miles.
I have a few trips planned and was thinking I'll just put a 'better' battery on. The alternative 'cold weather' AGM one is listed as LTX14. So I'm after recommendations of a better quality battery, please.
I love the bike and as an early adopter i expected a few teething problems.

If you're worried about it maybe buy a small lithium jump starter instead then it will cover you for any flat batteries.

I have a NOCO but any issues with the battery can throw up spurious error messages on the TFT.
I think maybe an after market battery may be more robust.

Not sure I would have the same anxiety as you with the new bike. You have BMW recovery and the battery is under warranty.

If you really want to change then the LTX14 is a code used by Lucas but the generic is YTX14

Tayna have several options at https://www.tayna.co.uk/motorcycle-batteries/types/ytx14-bs/ with the Exide ETX14-BS being the one I would choose. The Varta and Yuasa options are not much dearer. If you want the best one, with a reassuringly BMW price tag, buy the Westco.

I'm thinking now of changing the battery myself. I know you shouldn't have to but I'm sure many after market batteries are better than the BMW supplied one. I've had the starter relay done a couple of days ago after 2k miles.
I have a few trips planned and was thinking I'll just put a 'better' battery on. The alternative 'cold weather' AGM one is listed as LTX14. So I'm after recommendations of a better quality battery, please.
I love the bike and as an early adopter i expected a few teething problems.
Have you seen this?

All of these YouTubers need to produce content

The walk arounds and road tests have been done and dusted for weeks so now they need something else to talk about

Add to that that a lot of them seem to be technical muppets and the result is all manner of bollocks posted

Back
Top Bottom