2023 NC750X DCT

stever1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is this years new to me bike. Does anyone have one ?
If so, any recommendations re a hugger or a bigger screen ?
any other words of wisdom about the bike ?

I have a deposit on a new '24 DCT, should be collecting 1st March.
Honda significantly updated it for the year '21 so this is the third/fourth year of production.
I owned one of the first 700's (non dct) in 2012 and had a test ride on the recent model last year.

Personally I wouldn't start spending on aftermarket parts until you've ridden one. I'm not a fan of aftermarket screens or huggers as they can cause more issues than they solve.

Plenty of dealers have demo's available.

have a 16 plate facelift from 2019 - had 14k on it has 35 now

was looking to put a taller screen on it and bought a barndoor :D from calsport/caltech (cant remember its been 4 years :D

bought a comfort seat as the original is a bit flat

never got round to fitting it and @Ash has it
bought one of them screen lip spoiler thingys but again - not got round to fitting it :D

shock died not long ago and bought a yss one which seems ok - first time ive had a shock die and ive had bikes with more miles on them

michelin road 4-5-6 are good on them currently have metzeler road tecs on it and theyre fine

i bought a headlight protector when i found out how much the headlight cost - think the cover was 20 quid

at 90 itll do 55 mpg at 75 itll do late 60s - does 65 back and forward to work 4 miles

the air filter is a nightmare to change

Someone mentioned new bikes...😁

I had a 2018 DCT until December 2022 when due to losing my garage & my left hip joint completely disintegrating. 😢
I sadly part exchanged it for a yamaha Tmax..
( cracking scooter mind ) wooosh 😁 ( heavy on fuel though ).
Fast forward To September 2023, a new ceramic hip.
( hurray, life changing ) 😊
I purchased a low miles 2013 NC700X DCT late 2023, whilst recovering from the hip surgery, i got it ready 4 2024..😍.
I did a lot of research b4 buying the 700X & my thoughts were if I get on OK with 700X, i would upgrade 2 a post 2021 NC750X DCT sometime.
On a recent bimble, I popped into Farnham Honda & asked Matt the sales manager if they get a late 750X DCT in as a part ex 2 give me a shout .
I explained what I had in mind, 2 part ex my TMAX & 700X against one.
[ if possible, having done this b4 against a new SH 350i scooter ]
I give him the details of the two & he says "why go 2nd hand". As the value of my two was more than I had thought.
( made a profit on my newly purchased 700X ) 😉
So a new NC750X DCT it will be on the 4th march 2024 in PEARL DERP MUD GREY..
You only live once..😉

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1704405114193.jpg
    FB_IMG_1704405114193.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 147
  • FB_IMG_1704405117257.jpg
    FB_IMG_1704405117257.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 145
As to the original question ..
The standard screen is total pants - check on YouTube 😉
Terrible wind noise & wind blast..😪
My research lead me to the GIVI D1192S.
luckily i found a more of less brand new one on facebook for £50..
I have purchased from ALI EXPRESS -
side stand foot @£6.30
Radiator guard @£6.75
GPS bracket @10.07 ( goes above LCD dash )
Handguards @£6.83
2 X Airflow adjustable screen brackets @£5.11
2 X dashboard clear covers @1.42
Front fender extender @3.69
Tank pad protector sticker @1.53

Having used ALI express b4, i have no problem with using their items.
OK, not always the best quality, but 4 the price unbeatable.
I bought most of the items 4 my 2018 NC750X & Al,bwhere good..
Or pay UK eBay prices 4 the same items, your choice..😉

As to the original question ..
The standard screen is total pants - check on YouTube 😉
Terrible wind noise & wind blast..😪
My research lead me to the GIVI D1192S.
luckily i found a more of less brand new one on facebook for £50..
I have purchased from ALI EXPRESS -
side stand foot @£6.30
Radiator guard @£6.75
GPS bracket @10.07 ( goes above LCD dash )
Handguards @£6.83
2 X Airflow adjustable screen brackets @£5.11
2 X dashboard clear covers @1.42
Front fender extender @3.69
Tank pad protector sticker @1.53

Having used ALI express b4, i have no problem with using their items.
OK, not always the best quality, but 4 the price unbeatable.
I bought most of the items 4 my 2018 NC750X & Al,bwhere good..
Or pay UK eBay prices 4 the same items, your choice..😉
I got a few things off aliexpress for the adv. I found them to be cheap and fairly well made.
back to the NC750, it’s already got a main stand, a rack (my 47ltr Givi box is going on it ) heated grips , fenda extenda.
so it’s already got a good spec on it anyway.
ive got a scotoiler in stock already.
Im thinking about a hugger, barkbusters, and a different screen.

@Ash, congratulations on doing the deal on a new NC, and a good choice of colour. I've gone for the matt blue colour but the grey was my second choice.

@stever1, do you already have this bike or is it something you're planning to buy?
Regarding the Barkbusters, as good as they are (I have them on my Rally) do you really need anything that strong and heavy on a DCT bike as there's no clutch lever to break.. I'm planning to fit lighter weight guards to keep the weather off and carry a spare front brake lever under the seat.

The demo bike I rode last year was fitted with the Honda higher screen and it wasn't perfect. There was some turbulence so I'll wait until I put some miles on mine before upgrading the standard screen.

Reactions: Ash
@Ash, congratulations on doing the deal on a new NC, and a good choice of colour. I've gone for the matt blue colour but the grey was my second choice.

@stever1, do you already have this bike or is it something you're planning to buy?
Regarding the Barkbusters, as good as they are (I have them on my Rally) do you really need anything that strong and heavy on a DCT bike as there's no clutch lever to break.. I'm planning to fit lighter weight guards to keep the weather off and carry a spare front brake lever under the seat.

The demo bike I rode last year was fitted with the Honda higher screen and it wasn't perfect. There was some turbulence so I'll wait until I put some miles on mine before upgrading the standard screen.
I’ve already put a deposit down on it.
When I said barkbusters perhaps I was giving a bum steer. What I mean is some protectors which will protect my hands From wind and rain.

i was gonna buy givi handguards (look like beemer ones)

but they were 100 quid :rolleyes:

bought chinese ones identical - 14 quid :D

i was gonna buy givi handguards (look like beemer ones)

but they were 100 quid :rolleyes:

bought chinese ones identical - 14 quid :D
Eggzachery Cyril 14 quids...
U no it makes sense ..😉

Thinking about what you guys say I now have a plan. I think I’ll buy a “quality “ hugger such as Ermax or such like. Stuff like tank pads, hand guards etc from our Chinese friends. Don’t know about a screen yet.

I sat on one of these today. I’ve ordered an NX500 for 1st March delivery but was looking at a bike that I might fancy when I have only one. They’re low slung so you sit in them & im told (haven’t ridden one) that although the bhp is only slightly more than the NX500 it’s a totally different ride.
Another Honda model that I fancy later is the ADV 750 but we’ll see…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sat on one of these today. I’ve ordered an NX500 for 1st March delivery but was looking at a bike that I might fancy when I have only one. They’re low slung so you sit in them & im told (haven’t ridden one) that although the bhp is only slightly more than the NX500 it’s a totally different ride.
Another Honda model that I fancy later is the ADV 750 but we’ll see…

Yes it’s got good torque low down the rev range. Mind you, after taking an ADV350 on a 2.5 k trip around Europe I know power isn’t everything.
which dealer did you use ?

I went to Vertu at Stockton. It’s 60 miles away but I chose them based on a previous experience with the sales manager. Also the reviews I’ve heard & read about dealers local to me weren’t good. I don’t plan on going there that often & now I’m looking at a route to Stockton that keeps me off of the A1(M), the A168 & the A19 using the back roads through North Yorkshire.
Is it just me that enjoys looking at a route on a map almost as much as riding it?
Best of luck with your new bike…

Good bikes , even two up . Rode one for two days in Gran Canaria last month

ae6a8d386b6927854bb08682c2bad388.jpg

I went to Vertu at Stockton. It’s 60 miles away but I chose them based on a previous experience with the sales manager. Also the reviews I’ve heard & read about dealers local to me weren’t good. I don’t plan on going there that often & now I’m looking at a route to Stockton that keeps me off of the A1(M), the A168 & the A19 using the back roads through North Yorkshire.
Is it just me that enjoys looking at a route on a map almost as much as riding it?
Best of luck with your new bike…

Yarm to Scorton and Richmond on back roads
Nice route

Back
Top Bottom