2024 Multistrada V4S Grand Tour

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ducati throw the parts catalogue at the V4S plus a bit more then sell it for less than it would have cost if you bought all the farkles separately

Seeing as it’s fully loaded, wouldn’t V4S Top Gear have been a better name ?

2e36674f3f36559e4519a9b0d78c61bf.jpg

52dd347efaf88559369b692d0eca4a9e.jpg

132edccc2c8e39b1b635778f047e77e8.jpg

b2c7dc7b918cb6d7f5670787c087e054.jpg

Last edited:
No crash protection so even a stopped drop is going to cost a fortune

That is very nice and tempting, although having to cook my balls alive in sweltering heat, is a bit of a disappointment. Perhaps a "cool cover" over the seat, would elevate some of the heat.

Like the colour scheme and throwing the options catalogue makes it very tempting, one small error in the video.....the V4S does have rear cylinder deactivation, mine does and the engine note changes noticeably at a standstill and reverts back to 4 cylinder when the throttle is applied or the clutch is fed in, that said the seat still gets quite warm in higher temps and a cool cover is on the cards when the weather gets warmer again.

Love the look of it, but I thought I’d stopped roasting my nuts when I sold the ST1300 Pan!

I hear it doesnt have the larger fuel tank? I would have thought for a Grand Tour that would be essential.

Like the colour scheme and throwing the options catalogue makes it very tempting, one small error in the video.....the V4S does have rear cylinder deactivation, mine does and the engine note changes noticeably at a standstill and reverts back to 4 cylinder when the throttle is applied or the clutch is fed in, that said the seat still gets quite warm in higher temps and a cool cover is on the cards when the weather gets warmer again.
It only cuts the cylinders at idle though , it doesn’t have the full deactivation system from the Rally which will deactivate them during low speeds and low throttle openings to increase economy .

I took A V4s and a Rally out for back to back test rides a couple of weeks ago, it was a hot day and i spent a couple of hours on each. I honestly didnt notice excess heat (no more than on the GS) but i was moving all the time and didnt spend any time in traffic.

I preferred the Rally though, it had a thicker seat so felt a little taller.

It only cuts the cylinders at idle though , it doesn’t have the full deactivation system from the Rally which will deactivate them during low speeds and low throttle openings to increase economy .
My streetfighter has the deactivate the rear 2 cylinders at a certain speed

All well and good but that certain speed is 30 -32mph and constant throttle ( regardless of gear)
Almost impossible to maintain such a narrow speed margin and constant throttle on a Streetfighter
It does not cut 2 out at standstil either

BAck to the Multi

The new ones are just huge compared to previous examples
The one i test road the Pikes peak) was actually brilliant to ride so i expect the Grand tour version to be as good as a GS for trips etc

Had 3 V4 Multi 2x V4s 1x PP , rode the Rally and found it a bit odd , not as compliant as the V4s , it just felt unbalanced . I was thinking of changing but once I test rode it stayed with the V4s .
But later changed back to the GS . Reason as the pillion said no way , I want the comfort of the barge back lol married life has its up sides mind you......

Back
Top Bottom