Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Replaces CB500X

66bfed92711ef3ba077b878da86b33cb.jpg

40e3795cfdd7c101d2cca5ad3b2f4aaf.jpg

Looks great in black and red! 🤤

IMG_0424.jpeg

Are KTM paying them to shape the tank ducting like that?

You know what.......Might keep my 51,000 mile 1250 GSA and buy one of these, rather than get nothing in PX for my 1250 against a new 24 Rallye GSA.

Just like the idea (and looks) of both the CB500X and now this.

TD.

You know what.......Might keep my 51,000 mile 1250 GSA and buy one of these, rather than get nothing in PX for my 1250 against a new 24 Rallye GSA.
That could work well : a GSA for those continental tours and the CBX (or NX) for pretty much everything else. I’ve been really impressed with my 500X, ok, overtakes have to be more planned and considered but at my age and riding ability that’s an asset for me. And anyway I try to avoid busy roads. It’s just an easy thing to manoeuvre about, and to ride, with enough pace for most roads most days.

Looks like Honda have done a great job on the nx500 less weight, proper tft screen, seriously considering one and the price seems very reasonable to me.
Ian.

I'd say Honda offer the most complete and up to date line up of adventure bikes from Japan with the CRF300, NX500, Transalp 750, and AT1100. Too bad they couldn't have squeezed 8-10 more HP out of the 500 but they seem satisfied keeping it at 48. And reality it must be adequate because it's been a very popular motorcycle. I've not ridden one, is there any throttling abruptness or jerkiness on this bike? Two of my last three Honda's came with pretty snatchy on/off throttling.

I'd say Honda offer the most complete and up to date line up of adventure bikes from Japan with the CRF300, NX500, Transalp 750, and AT1100. Too bad they couldn't have squeezed 8-10 more HP out of the 500 but they seem satisfied keeping it at 48. And reality it must be adequate because it's been a very popular motorcycle. I've not ridden one, is there any throttling abruptness or jerkiness on this bike? Two of my last three Honda's came with pretty snatchy on/off throttling.
The reason for keeping the power the same is so it fits into the A2 licence category. My early (2014) throttle response is a bit ‘on/off’ but I don’t really find it a problem. Newer versions may be better.

It seems like they could just offer a power restricted A2 version and a full 56hp for everywhere else, but there must be more to it.

Reactions: Ash
It seems like they could just offer a power restricted A2 version and a full 56hp for everywhere else, but there must be more to it.
I have no snatchy throttles issues with mine, I do wish it had a tiny bit more poke though, and the TFT screen will be a major improvement on the shite screen mine has. Fecking great bike though, no way would I have done what I have been doing recently on my old GS or Varadero... And 75 mpg every day ...

The throttle on my 2023 is a bit snatchy, but I’ve had far worse and managed ok. It certainly hasn’t had me trawling through forums for a cure. It is, though, not easy to get any more power as the engine is designed to be A2 compliant and isn’t a restricted form of another unit.

Use my 2023 500X virtually every day - no issues with it , slightly miffed that I now need tyres (rear in particular) after 5500 miles , (vs 13,000 on the Goldwing !!!) , but nearly 80mpg real average figure since new. If you need to hurry - then yes , it needs revs - esp with one more tooth on the engine sprocket (good modification).

I know some of the older Wings, and many Harley's, routinely go well over 10K on tyres. I would think you should get 7,000 -7.500 with better aftermarket tyres on a CB500? I'm at almost 6,000 miles on the stock Perelli STR's (T700) and while the good miles are gone it appears they may go another 1,000.

Back
Top Bottom