2024 NX500

Yes I've always liked the idea of the DCT but after 45 years of using a clutch lever I think I would keep trying to grab the none existent clutch lever .
Ian.

Yes I've always liked the idea of the DCT but after 45 years of using a clutch lever I think I would keep trying to grab the none existent clutch lever .
Ian.
But I’m already used to the DCT, I have it on my Goldwing.
When I first had a test ride on a DCT wing it only took about 10 minutes around town to have my biase towards a manual box overturned.

Ian.
I'd only done 35 yrs on bikes before getting my Africa Twin DCT....it only took 10 minutes to get used to it and if you reach for 'the clutch'....there's nothing there so you soon stop ( I slip seemelsssly between a DCT bike and one with a clutch)

Had email from wheels at Peterborough to inform me there nx500 demo should be ready later next week,
Might have a ride up and see if there interested in my cb500xh as a trade in just depends what they're offering as I don't want to give it away as I might as well keep it,
Ian. :sneaky:

Had email from wheels at Peterborough to inform me there nx500 demo should be ready later next week,
Might have a ride up and see if there interested in my cb500xh as a trade in just depends what they're offering as I don't want to give it away as I might as well keep it,
Ian. :sneaky:
I liked the look of it, but had my head turned by a nice NC750X- DCT

From what I’ve seen on forums and FB groups, ok, not necessarily representative, people buy the 500 because it’s cheap, reasonably light and easy to manhandle, and tolerable on gravel trails. The extra cost, weight and complexity of DCT might not be a big selling point. I imagine though, that if you’re used to a Gold Wing then an NC750 DCT is light and simple!

From what I’ve seen on forums and FB groups, ok, not necessarily representative, people buy the 500 because it’s cheap, reasonably light and easy to manhandle, and tolerable on gravel trails. The extra cost, weight and complexity of DCT might not be a big selling point. I imagine though, that if you’re used to a Gold Wing then an NC750 DCT is light and simple!
Agreed, but I don’t do off road anyway so weight isn’t to much of an issue.

They might do an NX500 with e-clutch in future

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Twatatalk

Yes , E - clutch , google is your friend ... it's a Honda thing

I'd say the CB500X is a great bike for lots of things, possibly the best bike I ever owned. Motorways ate hard work, but even there I managed 900km in one day going through Spain. The fuel economy there went to 4.8 litres a hundred KM which was very bad. For Morocco and West Ireland, a perfect bike.

E-clutch?

I'd say the CB500X is a great bike for lots of things, possibly the best bike I ever owned. Motorways ate hard work, but even there I managed 900km in one day going through Spain. The fuel economy there went to 4.8 litres a hundred KM which was very bad. For Morocco and West Ireland, a perfect bike.
You could probably edit what you wrote ... if you could be bothered to read it (sorry - pet hate)

Reviewed here

It’s another
b5527977a80f79dcdb83c2d7e265884e.jpg
bike

Sent from my N65

Back
Top Bottom