650 Shotgun Cruiser

EBC sintered pads will improve the brakes Arsey

That’s a good tip. I changed the pads on my 411 Himalayan to EBC sintered pads, which (whilst not six pot radial standard) are an improvement over the originals. Much less, nothing… nothing…. nothing,,,, something.

Ready to repel invaders with a Shotgun

91ae4490f3217708fd88e404bce46a3b.jpg

Is that where it finally stopped with the dodgy front brake, you having fishtailed down the path with a locked rear?

Not quite.
The brakes are fine.Whilst the front could do with being a tad stronger, the rear is very strong so using a bit of both is plenty to haul you up.
It is a fine machine though-the Bullet I had last year felt like an old bike. This Shotgun feels throughly modern but simple.
The suspension is certainly better than the OE shite fitted to the T120 Bonneville I had and certainly better than that on the Urban.
It’s nice not to have any modes to faff with.Just start it up and go.
I love the design and the way it’s been thought through.
It looks great as a single seater but if you want to take a pillion or tour then the rear subframe can be fitted in 15 minutes.
Very clever, I think.

You might well find that the front brake does bed in a bit. The rear rotor on the Shotgun is big; I’m not surprised it works.

Modern, very efficient, linked brakes on most bikes have (to some degree or another) made us lazy. It is a surprise when brakes don’t work quite as we expect them to. I had to rethink how to brake on my Himalayan and, not least, how I used to do it years ago, when a lot of bikes’ brakes were nothing to write home about.

Uncle Stu.....part 2 of Shotgun review
(What's with the steam punk goggles 😩😃)

Back
Top Bottom