A bimble about on the way to Skye

rambo still using it then:D

It's just a little Frosts multyuse knife , camping , cooking and lime slicing type duties :eek:

Got it from Greenman Bushcraft , £6.99 :bounce1

I thought it was a good idea after using Sheps knife at Glen Clova to gut and clean a Trout , i nearly lost my fingers it was that blunt :(

Would have been more use as a retractable ruler :rolleyes:

Sorry Shep :mmmm

Attachments

• 860mg.gif
    860mg.gif
    8.6 KB · Views: 170
It's just a little Frosts multyuse knife , camping , cooking and lime slicing type duties :eek:

Got it from Greenman Bushcraft , £6.99 :bounce1

I thought it was a good idea after using Sheps knife at Glen Clova to gut and clean a Trout , i nearly lost my fingers it was that blunt :(

Would have been more use as a retractable ruler :rolleyes:

Sorry Shep :mmmm

That was my retractable ruler, you should have used the other blade:rolleyes::D

Shep

9 days to go:eek:onyack

Shep

Less than that for me...I'm away next Monday or Tuesday at the latest :D

Here, Johnny was quick off the mark closing the other thread...didnae get a chance to answer you. HRH has me booked into a Yoga club :eek :eek

We'll be tenting it until we get to Skye as well :bounce1

See you there or on the way :thumb :beer:

Here, Johnny was quick off the mark closing the other thread...didnae get a chance to answer you. :

Tash was saying the same, just a little quick off the mark:augie

Yoga club Eh! Poof:D you'll go down well with the super fit granny's:hug

Shep

Aye, that'd go down really well with "The Boss" who I'll be chauffeuring :blast and the reason for the softy accommodation (just like that old jessie Shep) :D:D

We are heading out on the Thursday and will hopefully be staying somewhere up around Oban.

Really looking forward to it now. :bounce1:bounce1

6 days to go

And it looks like i'll be on my own (at least at the start) if anybody else is thinking of joining me at the start, PM me, cos if nodody else is coming i'll leave when i'm ready rather than 0600 as posted.

Thanks

BillyNM:D

Can't wait

Need to fit new shock to front and new disc to rear plus fit a new camera mount.

Pipster , KevC and self are all leaving a bit later than last year ( arrived Thursday afternoon and nobody else there) .

Meeting after work at Charnock Richard Service station M6 around 6.45pm on the Thursday. Have some cheap accomodation provisionally booked in Dumbarton but if we make sensible progress we could push on all the way in one hit (455miles , 10hrs 15mins according to route planner :confused: ) and have a nice lie in on Friday morning;)

Limiting factor will be a certain Orange fanatic on his naked SE with yet to be tested homemade pannier system.:augie

This is what happened within 35 miles of leaving the last time he went camping. We wont need a support truck , we'll need a Fire Truck :D;

Attachments

• Pipsters burnt bag.jpg
    Pipsters burnt bag.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 137
Just had a message from my friend :)

He's dropping the Camper van of on Monday :bounce1

I'll believe it when i see it :(

If not , i'll just let some air out my front tyre and take a slow WOBBLE up :eek:

Iv'e got 4 days to get there .................. :moped:

Bob, are you riding south to meet Shep and then riding back up to Dunnet Head?

Respect, Mein Herr :bow :bow

:ronno

That was the plan - but "the best laid plans of mice and men" and all that . . .

If any of you have been watching the 'Airhead' Section you will know that 'Seancb' is stuck in France with a bust gearbox.

Sean is a 21 year old Student, working as a Chef during his hols. He can't fix the bike himself and has no 'recovery' insurance.

Sean's father is flying over from Canada, to Edinburgh, collecting my spare gearbox and then riding to France on his KTM. He will swap the boxes and then bring the bust box back to me for fixing.

Their family home is in Dumfries - that's why recovery is being organised in Scotland.

Naturally my visitor is due to arrive on Wednesday 6th Aug - when I was planning on meeting Shep :blast

I'll be going to Skye - but not until Friday 8th.

See you there :bounce1.

Bob.

Shep, my mobile is 0771 891 6981.
Looking forward to meeting up with you on Thursday night, maybe get a beer.:augie
Are you booked in anywhere? Gimmie a bell if not n Ill sort something out.

Bob, we are heading out to the "point" on Friday n then up to Mallaig n over the Oonyackistan, will you be back in time to join us on Friday ?

What time on Wednesday will you be at Lizard point Shep? :)

I'm leaving The Lizard point very first thing (0600ish or earlier if everybody who's coming gets there before that) on Wednesday 6th August,

Sorry just read this, can't do it Shep. Finish work at 2pm on Wednesday, Thought I could see you down South that evening?

I can catch you on the road North though...

Bob, we are heading out to the "point" on Friday n then up to Mallaig n over the Oonyackistan, will you be back in time to join us on Friday ?

Gordon,

I was going to Kyle of Lochalsh, but I went past there last Sunday on my way back from Orkney (via Applecross).

Your trip sounds interesting - where are you meeting up, and when ?

Bob.

Shep, my mobile is 0771 891 6981.
Looking forward to meeting up with you on Thursday night, maybe get a beer.:augie
Are you booked in anywhere? Gimmie a bell if not n Ill sort something out.

No, nothing booked for Thursday night yet, I'll take yer number and give yer a ring when I stop Wednesday night, if thats OK? I should be just north of the border by then maybe even past Edinburgh if I have a good trip.

Cheers Shep

Sorry just read this, can't do it Shep. Finish work at 2pm on Wednesday, Thought I could see you down South that evening?

I can catch you on the road North though...

If i'm on my own, I reckon i'll do the lizard point on Tuesday night then turn around stay at a mates place in Newquay then get up at first light, i should be at Ness point by lunch do you want me to call you from there? Then we can meet up a little further North if you want:thumb

If all goes well i'll be around Newark 3:00-4.00 Wed PM I think, if that handy for you?

Shep

Back
Top Bottom