Adaptive Ride Height

I’m 6 ft and find it something I was unsure of , but after using it it’s a great feature , just makes things easier , the additional cost when ordering is small , also it’s a good re selling point as already pointed out .👍Very glad I ticked the box as would be miffed now if i had not .

Or not. I tried a low chassis LC before I bought my standard height one. The low one didn't ride, handle or steer as well as the taller bike.
I was lent a new lowered chassis when I blew my 16 plate up. I was due to go to Spain for 9 days taking some guys out for a tour when the bike went bang , all they had was a low , i'm tall and use a high seat as well .
I just put the bike in Dynamic with full luggage and passenger suspension ( pre auto)( I only carry a roll bag 20 litrs max) and due to the adjustments the bike was great due to the change in steering angle and really handled well , no good in the long run , but it worked , they did moan about the worn pegs mind....... :D

Or not. I tried a low chassis LC before I bought my standard height one. The low one didn't ride, handle or steer as well as the taller bike.
Mike, I had a standard chassis 2014 GS, followed by a low suspension 2019 GS and didn’t notice any difference in the handling, although the suspension took around 1000 miles to soften up and it was easier to drag my boot on the deck in corners.

My 2022 GSA is also low suspension, but the suspension is much more refined and I’m getting older and slower, so nothing touches down much nowadays ☺️ Although I was never quite the hooligan you were on the VFR Club Wee Weekends 😆

Tick the box, it’s brilliant

Flat footing and getting on and off the bike is as easy as a roadster for me and wifey

Then when I’m moving I’ve got the usual GS “commanding view” and I can dangle my legs straight if I get arse ache without my feet touching the ground
(not ridden it long enough to get arse ache yet)

I love it (y)

It is indeed wonderful. It would be particularly useful with loaded panniers and/or a passenger.

Had my bike for ten days and covered 372 miles so far and the adaptive ride height is indeed brilliant. I don’t think about it now, it just works and I can get my feet planted on the road in all situations. I never had any serious episodes with my R1250GS but every now and again the road camber or uneven surfaces would catch me out.
My only concern is, it’s another thing that can go wrong.

Back
Top Bottom