Poacher turned Gamekeeper ??

I had a good look at the new GS in the local dealer, very nice. But then I saw the price tag with a couple of options added...wow, I'm out of touch with pricing.
(Where has the tag '1400' come from the forthcoming GSA ? Just seems odd as every other GS back to the 1150 simply adopted that engine number for the GSA)

I had a good look at the new GS in the local dealer, very nice. But then I saw the price tag with a couple of options added...wow, I'm out of touch with pricing.
(Where has the tag '1400' come from the forthcoming GSA ? Just seems odd as every other GS back to the 1150 simply adopted that engine number for the GSA)
The 1400 might have a different bore/stroke to increase capacity to give it more powaaaa, though it probably won"t come with a 17" front wheel :D

Prices since covid seem to have gone a bit silly. My 2020 1250GS TE Exclusive was 16.5k when new. Fast forward to 2023 and the equivelent 1250 was just shy of 20k and the new 1300 is over that now. Ouch....

The 1400 might have a different bore/stroke to increase capacity to give it more powaaaa, though it probably won"t come with a 17" front wheel :D
shhh 🤫 we do not want that t**t from NorCal over here as well…

Prices since covid seem to have gone a bit silly. My 2020 1250GS TE Exclusive was 16.5k when new. Fast forward to 2023 and the equivelent 1250 was just shy of 20k and the new 1300 is over that now. Ouch....
I have a bit of an idea of why a 1400 would be larger than a 1300....my point was that (someone has alluded to it above) why would BMW make the GSA a 1400 ? I doubt they would, it'd be a 1400 in name only and they've never done that before and not had an issue with sales.

I have a bit of an idea of why a 1400 would be larger than a 1300....my point was that (someone has alluded to it above) why would BMW make the GSA a 1400 ? I doubt they would, it'd be a 1400 in name only and they've never done that before and not had an issue with sales.
I think it’ll be a bit like F850/F900 GS, same motor but different stying for different audience.

It’s already been announced that the GSA will be known as a 1400 rather than a 1300 but with the same motor.
Dunno why 1300 GSA won’t suffice ?
Maybe it’ll simply be referred to as R1400GS rather than GSA ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s already been announced that the GSA will be known as a 1400 rather than a 1300 but with the same motor.
Dunno why 1300 GSA won’t suffice ?
Maybe it’ll simply be referred to as R1400GS rather than GSA ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ta, that had been my original question.....BMW have lost the plot..1150 GS and GSA, 1200 GS and GSA, 1250 GS and GSA...1300 GS and erm...oh...1400GS

This :thumby:

Car manufacturers have been playing with model names for years, keeping the same basic engine but varying power outputs through ECU/mapping/forced induction pressures etc and giving them an engine variant number associated to that level of tune, think of Mercedes C180, C200, C230 etc - all have the same basic engine but differ in power output.

Perhaps BMW are going to put a turbo on the 1400!!

Car manufacturers have been playing with model names for years, keeping the same basic engine but varying power outputs through ECU/mapping/forced induction pressures etc and giving them an engine variant number associated to that level of tune, think of Mercedes C180, C200, C230 etc - all have the same basic engine but differ in power output.

Perhaps BMW are going to put a turbo on the 1400!!
BMW have been playing the numbers-name game for years with the F range - all the same capacity. The F700GS and F800GS were both 798cm3. Same thing with the F750 and F850.

It was only meant as a tease aimed at youknowwho.......

I haven't seen one in the flesh yet, but my overriding impression is how smaller it looks than the 1250...

Back
Top Bottom