anyone tried a Honda CL 500 ? Scrambler

Robbo1200ADV

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
An odd Question but my House is being done up and I have to move out for 6 months . I will not have access to my bikes easily as the rental house has no garage . I am thinking of an interim CL500 s its slim and I can maybe get it in the front porch or put a cover on it in the rear garden . From what I have gleaned they are ok , a nice beginner bike with a trusted 500 cc Honda engine . Not looking for anything bigger , and seems ok in size . Anyone tried one ? Not looking to go off road or tour , will be used for town / urban occasional work use ..............if I am still working . Something simple like this may be fun

An odd Question but my House is being done up and I have to move out for 6 months . I will not have access to my bikes easily as the rental house has no garage . I am thinking of an interim CL500 s its slim and I can maybe get it in the front porch or put a cover on it in the rear garden . From what I have gleaned they are ok , a nice beginner bike with a trusted 500 cc Honda engine . Not looking for anything bigger , and seems ok in size . Anyone tried one ? Not looking to go off road or tour , will be used for town / urban occasional work use ..............if I am still working . Something simple like this may be fun

I had one for the day, whilst my AT was in for service, it was okay ish, suspension not up to much. I would have thought the CB500X would be a much better prospect and there is what appears to be an ideal example posted FS on here, although in Scotland

Agreed with above re CB500 X , if you can find one where the rear suspension has been upgraded then its win win. Plus I would have thought its an easier bike to sell when the time comes.

Oh I hadn’t looked it that way 😎None of my bikes fit in the porch though not far away I need one at hand . The CL looks like it will work

I downsized to a CB500X (same engine) and found the engine was just fine. I didn’t miss the extra 50hp from my previous bike. I do have to work it quite hard and time my overtakes properly but I don’t mind that

I took a CL500 for a test ride last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. In the end I kept my CB500X though.

Back
Top Bottom