best map for alps roads ?

peepingtom

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
as above, I'm looking for a map preferably covering the whole region . I've googled searched for a good do it all map but can't find one, there all of part of the alp regions i.e. french/swiss/italian. I'm ideally after one that covers the whole area.
any ideas :beerjug:

I bought one years ago covering the 7 Alpine countries..

I'll have a look

:rob

Last edited:
brilliant thanks everyone , I've just ordered the marco polo one and the one off amazon :thumb . I'm off on friday so looking forward to a bit of route planning in the week. i didn't want too detailed so i don't have to carry too many of them about so they look ideal
magic :beerjug:

I have this one:-

http://www.stanfords.co.uk/Regions/Alps/Maps--Atlases/Motorcycle-Atlas-of-the-Alps_9783828306493.htm

Very good, I just take the pages for the areas I will be in, they are waterproof and have a handy list of hotels and bike dealers on the back of each page.

I always route plan on the computer and then use highlighters to mark my route on the map pages before I go, this easily wipes off when I get back.

One thing to be aware of is this map like any that covers huge areas are not extremely detailed, but to backup your route plans and assist if you get lost / need to change plans / your sat-nav dies etc. it is just the job.

The area is huge spreading way beyond the Alps.

Similar to the Alplander maps
but 1 to 200,000 with much more detail
Ring bound and laminated
Got mine trough amazon for about £22
http://www.freytagberndt.at/rtc-freytagberndt/en_EN/1206/DETAIL/2923407/center/1/motorradatlas_0asueddeutschland_westoesterreich_oberitalien.html[/URL]

Sorry I cant get the above link to work

If you paste it into your browser it will take to to the Freytag Bernt website, where you can see the area's covered and a sample map

I compared this sample with the same area on my Alpenlander map (1 to 300,00) and decided it was worth having both
France is not covered in the F&B map and it only has the eastern edge of Switzerland

If you then paste the EAN number into a search on the book depository's website you can buy it for £22.57 with free postage

Excellent value for the area covered at 1 to 200,000 in a ring binder
Pages are tank bag sized, waterproof and can be marked and later cleaned off

As outlined above decide on your route, then take the pages you need, they take up almost no space at all compared to traditional maps

Back
Top Bottom