Bilco's TAT tour 2011

We still haven't sorted a ride on the smaller bikes,although i can't ride for a few weeks(see above post), it would be good if everyone/most off the TAT could make it.
Has Grez ridden that 450exc of his yet?

Sorry about the thumb and tendon Blue how did you manage that? Bike related?
I had a minor off at Rockingham and a mate a much bigger one at Cadwell altho' fortunately he wasn't hurt.
Hopefully look forward to seeing you in the New Year.

Attachments

• Mountain1.jpg
    Mountain1.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 323
Sorry about the thumb and tendon Blue how did you manage that? Bike related?
I had a minor off at Rockingham and a mate a much bigger one at Cadwell altho' fortunately he wasn't hurt.
Hopefully look forward to seeing you in the New Year.

He won't want to admit it, but he came off his 450 trying to keep up with me somewhere in the Cotswolds. :hide:D

:augieHaha,as Johnnyboy says, I tried to catch up after closing a gate or taking a pee,was just enjoying the rutts when i thought,''these hedges need a trim'' and found myself all cross rutted,being smacked in the face by the bars,rear end bucked causing the tankbag full of tools to smack me nicely in the 'nads or i landed on 'em and to finish it off,my thumb got smacked/wedged between the handlebars and an half buried rock/boulder.
I spent a good few moments gathering my thoughts(and my 'nads) before getting the bike up only to find the others coming back to have their laughs.:D:D
To be fair,i didn't even realise i had done so much damage,i thought it was just bruised.

Like Bakerman says, I really should take his advice when it comes to riding the might EXC range.:beer:

:augieHaha,as Johnnyboy says, I tried to catch up after closing a gate or taking a pee,was just enjoying the rutts when i thought,''these hedges need a trim'' and found myself all cross rutted,being smacked in the face by the bars,rear end bucked causing the tankbag full of tools to smack me nicely in the 'nads or i landed on 'em and to finish it off,my thumb got smacked/wedged between the handlebars and an half buried rock/boulder.
I spent a good few moments gathering my thoughts(and my 'nads) before getting the bike up only to find the others coming back to have their laughs.:D:D
To be fair,i didn't even realise i had done so much damage,i thought it was just bruised.

Like Bakerman says, I really should take his advice when it comes to riding the might EXC range.:beer:

So even the gods are fallible!! that's very reassuring for the rest of us.
Get well soon! :comfort:comfort

Haha, I have had more than my share of wobbling/falling off,usually at the point that it feels too good to be true.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Here are a few of the many occasions,

1, Crossing a FORD which is incredibly easy,in my infinate wisdom i decided rather than slow down a bit,i'd power it through.....woah,front end nicely raised but the rear dropped into a rut quicker than my cat like reactions. To cut a long story short,it went through the hedge and threw me over the bars,snapped my lower leg bones. Luckily i was 'only' 6miles from home,so kept my boot on and rode home after getting a mate to start the bike up for me(kick start only).

2, Practice week for IOM TT, waiting for everyone to gear up so we could hit the lanes and get some good view points and decided to do some stand up wheelies through the field we were camping in. 4th gear is always good for this,another guy with us was up front dropping it in for power slides so i dropped the front end and gets us side by side and everything felt so perfect,4th gear in the mid range....
Damn,what happened there? Only high sided and landed about 20m from the bike,finished rolling,run back,pick up the bike,fire it up and ride away with a 'save face' wheelie and off we all went......about 2hrs later I knew something wasn't 'right' so went to the hospital and had a broken collar bone.

I've lost count the amount of times i had come off and had just minor injuries.

Haha, I have had more than my share of wobbling/falling off,usually at the point that it feels too good to be true.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Here are a few of the many occasions,

1, Crossing a FORD which is incredibly easy,in my infinate wisdom i decided rather than slow down a bit,i'd power it through.....woah,front end nicely raised but the rear dropped into a rut quicker than my cat like reactions. To cut a long story short,it went through the hedge and threw me over the bars,snapped my lower leg bones. Luckily i was 'only' 6miles from home,so kept my boot on and rode home after getting a mate to start the bike up for me(kick start only).

2, Practice week for IOM TT, waiting for everyone to gear up so we could hit the lanes and get some good view points and decided to do some stand up wheelies through the field we were camping in. 4th gear is always good for this,another guy with us was up front dropping it in for power slides so i dropped the front end and gets us side by side and everything felt so perfect,4th gear in the mid range....
Damn,what happened there? Only high sided and landed about 20m from the bike,finished rolling,run back,pick up the bike,fire it up and ride away with a 'save face' wheelie and off we all went......about 2hrs later I knew something wasn't 'right' so went to the hospital and had a broken collar bone.

I've lost count the amount of times i had come off and had just minor injuries.

Ouch!! Too old to be risking that too much . . .sounds a bit like Cody's off in this year's Dakar . . get in touch when you're back up to speed . . . errr let me rephrase that!:blast:blast

Just read this again!:D:D

Same here Blue. Had a big grin on reading it.:D

Looking through some of the photos which Mad Dog put together on the DVD and I came across this one of Bake's......I'm sorry Grezz and I know it's just so wrong but I keep giggling every time I look at it:D:D:D
P1000496-XL.jpg

For Gary, there was nothing quite like the smell of where his hands were last night:ymca

Attachments

• Copy of Dirty group.jpg
    Copy of Dirty group.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 199
Looking through some of the photos which Mad Dog put together on the DVD and I came across this one of Bake's......I'm sorry Grezz and I know it's just so wrong but I keep giggling every time I look at it:D:D:D
P1000496-XL.jpg

Any one got/ can burn a copy of the DVD . . . never got to see it?:tears:tears

Front page pic:augie

P1000496-XL.jpg

I'll get Mad Mike Murdoch to sort it out for you Richard:thumb I've got your address so I guess he will post a DVD to you:thumb

And me.:D

If need be,I will drop off some blank DVD's off at Murdoch's since I go within a mile of his abode most days.

.....that pic looks painful and I can honestly 'see' Skygod doing his best not to apply plenty of antiseptic,or at least that's what I think he is applying.:eek::eek::eek:

Timeandtide,once I am back to being OK to ride off tarmac,I'll email you.

Blue, I'll leave a DVD in an envelope in the 'porch' pick it up when you are passing.
Richard, I don't have your address and Chris doesn't have the DVD, PM if you like and I'll send it.

Blue, I'll leave a DVD in an envelope in the 'porch' pick it up when you are passing.
Richard, I don't have your address and Chris doesn't have the DVD, PM if you like and I'll send it.

Thanks Mike -PMed you.
Happy to see either or both of you up here if/when you feel like/up to some Peak Practice!

Ah yes, the memories. That was the reaction to Skygod saying "this might smart a little". God knows what it would be like if he tells you it might hurt. Still was good practice for grimmacing after cracking a wrist bone at the end of the trip (allthough hairline cracks don't really count in my opinion)

Ah yes, the memories. That was the reaction to Skygod saying "this might smart a little". God knows what it would be like if he tells you it might hurt. Still was good practice for grimmacing after cracking a wrist bone at the end of the trip (allthough hairline cracks don't really count in my opinion)

Grez, I saw your face when you came to a stop alongside me and your wrist just gave way. I reckon that smarted more than a little.
Well done for keeping going through the rest of the trip!:bow

Back
Top Bottom