Border crossing Albania / Croatia - What’s it like

As previously stated, insurance companies in the UK place a higher risk on Albania.Last time, I paid £140 for 10 days as an add on to my UK policy.My broker says it will be more this year.I plan on riding to Greece in June so would like to spend a couple of days in Albania.Has anyone bought insurance at the border?

As previously stated, insurance companies in the UK place a higher risk on Albania.Last time, I paid £140 for 10 days as an add on to my UK policy.My broker says it will be more this year.I plan on riding to Greece in June so would like to spend a couple of days in Albania.Has anyone bought insurance at the border?

Yes. My mates did when we went to Greece. You get a lovely green A4 sheet of paper with a gold star on it. All for the sum of 10 euros ( well it was in 2018). Probably not worth the paper it’s written on. It was all written in Albanian and didn’t have any contact details on it in case you had to claim. The 3rd member of our group had to pay 30 euros for exactly the same thing. Strange that.
I paid extra on my insurance to get a proper green card.
I personally

Looking at that road it may be worth the detour. I know one of our team is very nervous about Albania - the stories of lawlessness and mafia, but the vast majority seem to suggest Albania is well worth a visit. It's making me think about getting the ferry to Greece and doing the coast road the whole way up to the Dolomites ;)

Coming back on a bit of an old post- but Albania is well worth seeing- see it before it becomes another generic Euro destination.
Put simply the 'gangs and mafia' - they are not interested in us - in fact same as the Police there are not either. We have a number of friends there- the philosophy is not to bother tourists, it is bad for the country. And there's plenty of locals who can be hassled.

I'd most likely be more bothered about leaving my bike in Croydon..

Back
Top Bottom