Bought another xcountry after a 7 year break

taffyboyo

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Last week, I bought a very nice low mileage xcountry off Martin from here, I owned a very nice xcountry that I bought from ash around 7 years ago, and regretted selling it after a year or so, I have owned over 50 motorcycles over the last 25 years or so,
This is the only model of bike that I have gone back to, so pleased to be back on a xcountry, it does everything I need with ease, especially for the back roads of mid wales which is where I like to plod around, just need some handguards and heated grips if i want to use it during the colder months ��

Last week, I bought a very nice low mileage xcountry off Martin from here, I owned a very nice xcountry that I bought from ash around 7 years ago, and regretted selling it after a year or so, I have owned over 50 motorcycles over the last 25 years or so,
This is the only model of bike that I have gone back to, so pleased to be back on a xcountry, it does everything I need with ease, especially for the back roads of mid wales which is where I like to plod around, just need some handguards and heated grips if i want to use it during the colder months ��

Hi Mike , Glad you’re pleased with it … I hope I get more miles on the 701 than I did on the XCountry :augie

Thanks Martin, and good luck with husky. The 701 is an awsome machine ��

Don't bother with the heated grips. If you use Goretex gloves, the rain will be driven through the Goretex membrane by the external heat and you will have soaking wet gloves and hands.

Handlebar muffs are the easy and cheap answer. You can fit them in 2 minutes, less with practice. They come off just as quickly. I use the GIVI ones that go over Barkbusters quite happily.

Attachments

• 86627730_10216018642130849_8781074092804538368_n.jpg
    86627730_10216018642130849_8781074092804538368_n.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 96
Totally agree with the comments made by taffyboyo, I have owned around 80 bikes in my time and my X Country has been a pleasure to own and brings a smile to my face whenever riding it, especially on those country lanes.

I too will enjoy riding mine in mid Wales when the weather gets a bit warmer.
Norbsa99

Back
Top Bottom