Brompton electric

Wapping

Reaction score
I picked up my converted Brompton electric bike today, converted by ARCC.

It really is very good.

I rode it from Great Portland Street back to Wapping in pretty heavy traffic, including the chaos of Old Street and the busy run down to Aldgate, without breaking into a sweat. Effortless.

Not cheap but, if yin already own a Brompton, very worthwhile.

That’s a really neat conversion, and 250w is more than enough for everything except maybe a few laps of the Lake District. The conversion looks like it doesn’t affect the folding mechanism either.

I picked up my converted Brompton electric bike today, converted by ARCC.

It really is very good.

I rode it from Great Portland Street back to Wapping in pretty heavy traffic, including the chaos of Old Street and the busy run down to Aldgate, without breaking into a sweat. Effortless.

Not cheap but, if yin already own a Brompton, very worthwhile.

Go on then, how much?

Is that the Mk1 Swytch Barry or the newer version? I fitted the Mk1 to the Wife's Brompton about a year ago and looking at their website today I see the newer version has a much smaller battery, with less range.

It’s the mk1. About £500 new and fitted in an hour. Really recommended. I think it adds c 4kgs to the bike. I keep it in the bag of Polestar and go for a spin when charging sometimes

Barry

Is that the Mk1 Swytch Barry or the newer version? I fitted the Mk1 to the Wife's Brompton about a year ago and looking at their website today I see the newer version has a much smaller battery, with less range.

I think you can buy the smaller battery kit if you want - but a bit like electric cars they don’t travel quite as far as they claim.

Barry

I think you can buy the smaller battery kit if you want - but a bit like electric cars they don’t travel quite as far as they claim.

Barry

Yep, even the Brompton range claim is a best case scenario and realistically theoretical.

Back
Top Bottom