BSA Gold Star

I just put an edit on my post re the aftermarket silencer I bought from the Classic Bike Shop. Sounds great and it even 'twitters'.
That looks sweet, bet it sounds cool too!

Lots of vids on YouTube on knocking out the OE baffles, might have a go at that after the service

It's looking good Stu. I thought you may have called in with it as you must have been passing God's Little Acre.

Took delivery on Friday and only just had chance to give it a run. Sunny Southport and back this afternoon, now got 45 miles on the clock.
Very pleased, and even at this early stage using low revs I could feel the torque and sharper acceleration, can't wait till it loosens up.
I can't remember the demo bike feeling as good as this, but it was in winter and greasy roads when I test rode one, plus the fact they
have now given the ECU a tweek with slightly richer fueling. Oh, and perhaps the after market silencer with no baffle could have an effect.:green gri

View attachment 268289
Looks grand. Taking it to Dent?

Sent from my moto e30 using Tapatalk

He let me have a quick go on it today. Nice riding position, the fuel tank looks ace, and the seat looks and feels the business.

Looks grand. Taking it to Dent?

Sent from my moto e30 using Tapatalk
It's looking like a no on the BSA. Just tried to book a room at the Sun Inn and told it's full because of a music festival. The BSA hasn't got the required luggage carrying capacity (no rack or panniers yet) for camping equipment so will have to be on an alternative bike.

It does sound authentic - and ultimately if you're after a retro, that's nice isn't it? Sound can be such a big part of a bike's character.

How on earth do engineers design a twitter into an exhaust set-up?

It does sound authentic - and ultimately if you're after a retro, that's nice isn't it? Sound can be such a big part of a bike's character.

I must admit I bought the replacement exhaust for its looks, the sound was a bonus,
especially with the baffle out.
The original stainless steel silencer was pig ugly IMHO. Oh, and it surprised me how
heavy it was when I took it off. The chrome replacement is easily half it's weight.

Last edited:

A small but significant part of the sound was me farting, so it would fail an emissions test.

First service completed last week FOC, what a great dealership.
Took it for a spin to Chester, Horseshoe Pass, Llangollen today.
Bike now done 700 miles and improving each time I take it out, loosening up nicely. :)

IMG_20230713_142017470_HDR.jpg

I had a forty minute thrash er....mmmm test ride on Stu's bike yesterday. I had it up to 75 on the 'private' backroads. I was pleasantly impressed by it. The exhaust has a new and improved tone from when I last rode it around the block, in fact it sounds great, no 'twitter' just a pleasant rasp or burble (hard to describe) I must change the silencers on my 650 Interceptor which sounds like an EV in comparison. The riding position of the Beeza is spot on for me, the seat being a little wider and firmer than the Enfield's.
Anyone looking for a modern retro should have a look at the BSA 650 Goldstar or the RE 650 Interceptor (I had to include that :D)

I had a forty minute thrash er....mmmm test ride on Stu's bike yesterday. I had it up to 75 on the 'private' backroads. I was pleasantly impressed by it. The exhaust has a new and improved tone from when I last rode it around the block, in fact it sounds great, no 'twitter' just a pleasant rasp or burble (hard to describe) I must change the silencers on my 650 Interceptor which sounds like an EV in comparison. The riding position of the Beeza is spot on for me, the seat being a little wider and firmer than the Enfield's.
Anyone looking for a modern retro should have a look at the BSA 650 Goldstar or the RE 650 Interceptor (I had to include that :D)

I quite enjoyed trying to keep up on your Interceptor.:D
Not saying it was slower as it has very similar performance to the Beezer, just a different power delivery
through the box. The Beezer's power comes in at lower revs.
In reality I couldn't keep up with you because you're one of those police trained ex traffic hooligans. :D
:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom