Cato's first off road dally ....

.the big KTM feels easier to ride and more confidence inspiring on easy, fast stuff than I feel on the Husky which is twitching and skitting around.

Perhaps it needs a steering damper, I have one on the 550, it's too fast for me to risk those big kicks through the bars.

It shouldn't be a suprise the 1190 "will tour, scratch, commute and play off road reasonably well" after all it's evolved from a proper big offroad bike, the 950:D

I remember getting excited about how good that was too :beerjug:

Your commentary is pants ... :D

Your commentary is pants ... :D

You're right, wasn't sure if the camera was picking it up ...... btw I see we're on page 2 now :pullface

See you at the TD, I'm away now :beerjug:

:thumb2

(Andres .... don't whimp out ... bring the 1190 ... :D)

Ha ha ... I think I need some of that now ....

I can see a pair of dedicated off road tyres for my 950 in my near future ...... It's fair to say I'm a bit of an off road novice and wobbling along on Scorps isn't very confidence inspiring!:p

LOL... and I was led to believe you were some sort of off-road 'tard!!

Bloody good blast at the weekend what? Cato did great keeping up with the 2 little girly ones ;) Get some pics up of that beast airborne.

Cheers, Andy

Aha ... :D

Well thanks Andy for guiding us around Salisbury :thumb2 No, not a retard! but not even in the same league as Mark (Stubbie) which is very frustrating!

So Cato had a play at Salisbury at the weekend with a couple of well ridden 690's.

It was a pretty frosty start at 0600.

... and I dug out my tactical slippers for the journey there and back in Stubbies van

We met Andy at Tidworth. Andy mostly mucks about on the KTM forum and knows the area pretty well.

And it was a great day - bit of water, some ruts and lots of gravel trails.

Stubbie is a natural on an off road bike. (Shite on the road :D), and just oozes talent. Bastard!

We also met Lost the Plot :clap, so great to meet yet another name from the forum.

I did nearly bin it a couple of times! There's quite a few sections that are very peak / trough / peak / trough .... and the highs and lows are quite pronounced. get in a rhythm, and stick to it, and yer fine. But if you miss time it, you end up bouncing off yer peak and into the up hill 'wall' of the next one if you see what i mean.

I also had a serious Thelwell (the horse cartoonist) moment when I hit something similar and wasn't expecting it. A proper out the saddle, both feet in the air and nearly over the bars moment :eek:

We stumbled across some side car racing. Feck knows how they can see! The dust was just incredible ..

And some helicopters that brought out the kid in Stubbie ...

A bit of tarmac here and there ...

..and of course Stone Henge.

So a big thank you Andy and look forward to doing it again soon .... :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom