CB750 Hornet

Perhaps BMW should use this :

‘It’s a BMW, if I recall”.

Would be appropriate.

I used to work with a guy that started drinking Holsten Pils because he was on a diet and they had the strap line ‘all the sugar turns to alcohol’:D:beer:

Mine is ready to pick up...I am doing the Portuguese thing and waiting until they text me again, nothing happens over night here, so another week and I shall be ready...Took me a whole year to buy the farm next door, so everything can wait...I wonder who is going to break first, because I want this muthafucka.:D

What do you gain by waiting? How will you be able to sleep knowing your new Hornet is there with adults trying out the ergos before setting their little children on it? GO GET IT before someone knocks it over.

Are these in UK dealers now? Or is there a waiting list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to work with a guy that started drinking Holsten Pils because he was on a diet and they had the strap line ‘all the sugar turns to alcohol’:D:beer:

You still cant match “ You meet the nicest people on a HONDA “ from the 70’s with scantily clad girls and beach scenes.

Ps Still think big K got it right with their 80’s logo “Let the good times roll”

About a five month wait as so popular.

Sheesh. Pass.

Maybe next time. I seem to be swapping them like socks.

Or you can buy a display (not demo - unused) model as I did last week, available early June

They do look good value. But an extra 800 quid can get you an 890 duke.

I went to the dealers today to take some pictures of my bike, pay my respects etc.
It is having the quickshifter fitted.

They have been busy and told me it could be ready for pick up today at 17:00, but I said I was in no rush, so Monday or Tues would be fine...I asked them about delivery, because it is a bit awkward for me to get a bus etc. (One bus a week from here and it takes 4 hours to get to the dealer!)

Then they told me that are closed until next Thursday! Holidays, religious festival locally...But the owner and his wife said they could drop it off on Wednesday, as they are around and will probably be riding...So can bring it over.

Brilliant, turns out they like curry, so I am going to cook them a monster curry, weather set to be 29c, so outside curry munching and delivery of a new bike:beerjug:

I do like the way things here just happen, evolve...Time is another thing altogether and it pays to dispense with it...It means nothing to anyone!

I reckon the Brits who go back, do so because they can not get into the relaxed way of life here...I expect to not get the bike Wednesday, but the end of next week :D

Here it is being worked on furiously :D

Attachments

• IMG_20230421_113747.jpg
    IMG_20230421_113747.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 242
Did Ballymena this morning

Tiny

Saw this in show room

Attachments

• IMG_20230422_093930.jpg
    IMG_20230422_093930.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_20230422_092312.jpg
    IMG_20230422_092312.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_20230422_092259.jpg
    IMG_20230422_092259.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20230422_090618.jpg
    IMG_20230422_090618.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 180
It`s epic.

Weird thing was, it came with Michelin tyres! Apparently they only come with Dunlops in PT, so the dealer said it was very strange...So I have already given praise to the spirit forces that look after me.

Really sharp bends on the smooth mountain roads that are marked up as 50kmh are easily dispensed with at 100 and over! Very smooth, as my confidence gains I fully expect to discover bends again at proper speeds...It is going to be an amazing summer.

Just got to 700 miles /first service on my Hornet….what a fabulous bike and sooo much fun. Love it…the future is a small, light bike!

Attachments

• IMG_0502.jpeg
    IMG_0502.jpeg
    202.7 KB · Views: 69

Back
Top Bottom