Clothing n stuff

chris99

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I think I've found a gs1200 gsa. If all goes to plan I'll pick it up in a few weeks. Talk to me about clothing, I'm looking at the neotec 2 to protect my head, I've been offered a pair of alpinestar smx plus boots for beer money. The plan is to get a budget bike and attire to make sure I'm happy being on a bike again, if all goes to plan then upgrade as and when. I'm know I'm not skimping on my head, the rest I don't know where to go. A bit of help?

Have a look at Richa stuff, good quality at a reasonable price. If you want to spend more Halvessons or the Oxford gortex laminate stuff would be a starting point.

Have a look at Richa stuff, good quality at a reasonable price. If you want to spend more Halvessons or the Oxford gortex laminate stuff would be a starting point.
Thanks for the reply, is it worth looking at second hand clothing?

Pop along to the Bristol branch of https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/stores - they will have a range of products at varying prices. Have a look for the Ride recommended label. There are jackets under £200 from brands like RST, Oxford & Held.

This one from Held is Ride approved and only £109 https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/254677

I'd be more tempted by the Oxford Mondial which has had good reviews here and elsewhere at £200

Of course, you need to try them on as a poor fit will be uncomfortable and not work so well in keeping out the elements.

I've bought Rukka gloves, Daytona boots and Rukka trousers from here. They are premium brands where I know my size will be consistent.

If you are not familiar with a brand then you cannot beat trying stuff on in a shop. If the Held jacket at £110 fits then you will have a jacket from a top brand that has been tested by a well respected publication.

Thanks for the reply folks, I'll take a look at the bristol shop, the Mrs works round the corner from it so that's a bit of a bonus. The lids are the same price as other places so that'll work out well. I'll put a post up in the wanted section for some trousers when I know what size I need. Gloves are a bit harder to get right as I have digger buckets for hands

have a look through sportsbikeshop.com website. You can have them delivered to a store near you and go on and try multiple pairs from different brands on. Big spaces, nice facilities etc. No obligation either and they stock some of the other brands like Held, Wiese and Oxford kit. What I have found out recently (just been looking and reading for the last month) is that the cheaper stuff might be as good, but these brands find other ways to save money, so maybe the inner thermal pants are shorter, they don't have a full connecting zip (just to popper closures), smaller pockets, less tailored fit (think ski pants fitting versus riding trousers). Shorter waist zips to join a jacket, no braces included, lower level of armour supplied at knees only, no anti slide leather seat pad, no leg adjusters etc.. They'll do the job but its what you pay or when they all start using the better materials.

Back
Top Bottom