Comaring the new RT with the previous model....

the GSAP is awesome. Makes riding so much more enjoyable and the rider can totally focus on the task at hand (ie , the road ahead) and not have to pay attention to clutch/throttle when shifting.

I had a demo on the RT wc yesterday and was largely impressed,to the point where i have spent a good few hours today looking through adverts and stock lists.
My current steed is a 2014 GS wc which has been excellent.11000 miles since March but i still missed my old 1200 RT some days.
The riding position on the new RT was spot on for me. Engine and gearbox were superb,it had gearshift assist but i enjoyed the normal gearchange so much i forgot to try it:blast
Some of the fancy gizmos seemed a bit over the top for me,ie central locking,the wheel for heated grips/seat instead of a simple switch.
Superb clear speedo,and now i have read digital read out too but not flipable to KM,s???
Poor dash storage and no satnav locking???
Will i change? prob yes but i want to see the new RS first.
So time to put a add together for my GS 9 months old,Totally mint condition and under £9.7k

Yup agree I think its a great bike. RS looks interesting but do not think it will give the same weather protection as RT so depends what you want. Agree totally about RT digital speedo in MPH but not switchable to KPH. Why ? Oversight ? Come on BMW all it needs is a bit of software to do the maths and an amended menu item to select MPH or KPH. Lockable SatNav probably requires a little more work but come on its not rocket science. Please BM fix these two niggles.

Yup agree I think its a great bike. RS looks interesting but do not think it will give the same weather protection as RT so depends what you want. Agree totally about RT digital speedo in MPH but not switchable to KPH. Why ? Oversight ? Come on BMW all it needs is a bit of software to do the maths and an amended menu item to select MPH or KPH. Lockable SatNav probably requires a little more work but come on its not rocket science. Please BM fix these two niggles.

According to guy at the show,he thinks the digital speed reading on the dash does switch if you have a Nav 5 connected,it then recognizes when you are in Europe and will read in K,s. he wasn't 100 percent sure,is he right???
he also pointed the speedo,rev counter unit tilts to avoid glare,first time I had been told that.

Wreck diver not for me does it switch. Crazy thing is the Nav 5 talks to clock and changes the time automatically but not speedo. Recent French trip my digital speedo stayed in mph. He's correct about the instruments. The instrument module can tilt.

My instrument panel doesn't tilt. The owners guide says it does, but it doesn't. I asked the dealer and showed him the book, and he said he had never heard of it. At a loss.........

Strange,it certainly did on the one at bike show. LE model.
Your dealer wasn't very well informed!

Mine does (2014RT) you have to use both hads and a bit of force.. Dosent till that much mind

OK book says it should page 73. Just looked at mine and it doesn't appear to want to move but I do not want to push too hard. Probably need to push a little harder but don't want to break mine so will leave well alone. Next time I'm at the dealers will ask and try and break theirs. :aidan

Back
Top Bottom