Congost de Montrebei

semmyroundel

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the staircase at the end of this walk is open this year? last year it wasn't.
TIA

Thanks Wapping, I had been on there where I booked my parking last year, but couldn't find anywhere info about the staircase.
We'll go anyway and hope it's open this year.
I've been away a lot this year and when I get back to Blighty, I'll continue my round-spain route description and hopefully you'll be able to make a GPX file out of it.

I've just checked a tour operator's website and there's a headline saying that the stairs are totally reformed and open :)

Not much use to me as my dogs can't walk over the bridge at the entrance to the ravine and are much too heavy to carry across - a shame as I live just 20 kms away!

Thanks Simon, I'm now back in the UK and it was indeed open.
I found out whilst at the bottom of the staircase, that there's another staircase about half a click up the valley.
That'll have to be for next year as my daughter was already knackered from the walk from the Masieta parking to the first staircase (6.5km, I'm told), of course, us oldies have more stamina than these young'uns.

Yes, that's a long way in to the ravine ... we always came down from the northern end as that's where our house is but we tried the southern route - once! :)

Pleased I have found this. I am in Ainsa soon and was looking at the doing the stairs. Can anyone tell me what road I need to take and is it good tarmac or gravel ?. Last year I did the other end at the Masieta car park and it was bad

Puente de Montanya, then C1311 for half a km then asphalt to near the centre. There's a steep drop on loose surface. At the moment it's over 40 degrees there!

Last edited:
I am looking to go to Pasarelas de Montfalco isn't that for the stairs ?. If I understand what you suggest that's the Congost de Mont-rebei, car park at the other end. Did that last year

Puente de Montanya, then C1311 for half a km then asphalt to near the centre. There's a steep drop on loose surface. At the moment it's over 40 degrees there!

Back
Top Bottom