DesertX road tyre alternatives to the STRs

Jeremy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m considering changing the OEM Pirelli STRs for Continental Trail Attack 3s as I’m 100% road riding. I’ve had the TA3s on my GSA and ATAS and was impressed with them. Has anyone else changed to more road bias tyres?

Cheers

Jeremy

You want Conti Road Attack 3.
Had 2 sets on my Curent KTM. I like them, they never given me any grief. But I also like the look of Pirelli Rally STR, so considering the change for this season.

I am reliably informed that STR tyres are just as good.
@Arsey and I (with our respective wifes) rode to the French Alps in 2022.
Both on KTM 1290 Super Adventures (one S, one R) fully loaded two up. I was on Conti RA3 and Arsey was on Pirelli Rally STR.
Both tyres performed as good as each other.
I think STR tyres appearance wise suit the DDX or any lofty ADV bike without the sacrifice of proper off-road looking tyres.

IMG_6539.jpeg

Don't think you can get a 21" front in Road Attack?
Thank you, I did not know, as never has a 21"/18" compatible bike. I was only replying to OP' post, as he wants a 100% road tyre. Trail Attack (as name suggests) isn't a 100% road tyre from what I read.

Blurb from TwoTyres Website:

"Continental's Trail Attack 3 replaced the popular Trail Attack 2. A tyre made for the tarmac but also capable of a little dry off-road action. Lots of choice in the sizes available including ones to fit 17" wheeled bikes like the Yamaha Tracer 900.."

I'm going to put TKC 70s on mine. Possibly a 'rocks' on the back, but I'm not sure yet.

Not sure about your sizes.....but have a look for Dunlop Mutants

Sent with a Zen10

Mutants are supposed to be great but you can’t get the Mutants in a 21” front .I Wanted them for my Norden so won’t with the Trailmax Meridian, very impressed with them after a axouple of thousand miles and a trip round NC500.

I’ve a set of STRs that have only done around a 1400 miles that I took off the Norden if anyone is interested 90/90 21 and 150/70 18 👍

Back
Top Bottom