Eagle Creek

Wapping

Reaction score
For many years I have been a big fan of Eagle Creek's 'Pack-It' Cubes. They are not cheap but are well made, do what they claim to do and (with just a little care) will last a lifetime of motorcycling.i would guess that my original bag is over twenty years old and still going strong.

For the last two years or so I have been using their Specter bags, made of much lighter material than the traditional Cubes. They have proved to be excellent, so much so that I have almost given up using the older style packs.

Team them up with a lightweight waterproof sack from somewhere like Exped and you are good to go. Your clothes will be kept dry, tidy, uncreased, easy to pack and unpack, making life very easy.

Buy and use with confidence.

http://www.eaglecreekluggage.co.uk

I use some very similar packing cubes - not sure of brand (may even be same as yours) and I never travel without them - as you say, makes packing/unpacking a doddle.
I recall a few years ago buying some similar ones from aldi or lidl - did same job just cheaper.

Don't know about you but my wife reckons me using them is just another sign of my autistic/OCD tendencies :)

Aldi and / or Lidl (and I think Ikea, too) were offering a version, for sure. A friend has some and they seem to do the trick. Whether they are still available I have no idea.

Eagle Creek were first out of the blocks with what was (and still is ) a very good but simple idea. Before they arrived on the scene, it was all plastic bags of varying sorts; Selfridges being the best, married to a bin bag. Still not bad in an emergency and I have never found anything better to put shoes into.

OCD or not. Better packing is one of the basics of better motorcycle touring, that's for sure. As her's is probably 9/10's of your luggage (or at least I hope it is) tell her tidiness is essential.... Or she can just try to take less!

PS Sadly, Selfridges seem to have gone all green, dropping their excellent bright yellow plastic bags. I am now down to my last three or four. The end of a happy line.

IKEA still do them, cheap as chips.

Great for packing into panniers, top-boxes and airline carry-on luggage.

Al :thumb

Thanks for the news

Off to Ikea this afternoon :eek:

Mission with daughter :eek::eek:

May get her a couple and I can have mine back.

Handbag organisers :thumb

ViewPicture.aspx

ViewPicture.aspx

ViewPicture.aspx

They're a couple of quid at most on Ebay :thumb

I've got a pair of them quite similar to that one above and they're ideal for all those little things like chargers, power adaptors, batteries etc.

If you do a search for 'handbag organisers' on Ebay, there are loads :)

They're a couple of quid at most on Ebay :thumb

I've got a pair of them quite similar to that one above and they're ideal for all those little things like chargers, power adaptors, batteries etc.

If you do a search for 'handbag organisers' on Ebay, there are loads :)

Top Tip :thumb

Al :D

Reviving an old thread but worth it. Since missus tanneman and me like to camp our way through a bike holiday it makes sense to have things organised. It doesn't matter how neat you pack your belongings, after the first 5 minutes of camping things are in a mess and you spend time the next day sorting your stuff and packing it neatly again. So bit the bullet today and got a few Eagle Creek Specter compression bags of various sizes to fit the pannier bags plus 1/4 cube and tube cube. Different colours for each one of us (beemer blue and ktm orange) and I want it to last a long time. It will be used in anger soon and then again later when we go to the MotoGP in Italy. Looking forward to have stuff organised at the camping site or any other trip for that matter.

My story is just like Wapping's. Started out with standard Eagle Creek cubes and then graduated to Specter.

Top kit for any kind of travel but especially for bike touring...

:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom