Euro 5 and the 1250RS

Just wanted to have my two penneth worth re the above.
I had my 2022 MT09SP in to see Geoff at Hilltop yesterday, after I fitted a full M4 system. Fuelling is much improved. The naysayers will continue to criticise and suggest fraud about his work, but they tend to be those who have never stepped foot in the place. I’ve had 7 bikes done there in the last 10 years and every one was better after the work. Far better than any Dynojet power commander updates. I wouldn’t waste my money, taking all those bikes there, if he didn’t make the bikes fuel far better.
The workshop foreman at Motorrad Central in Dalkeith, said my GS1250, after a Hilltop visit, was the best fuelled GS he had ever ridden They also do the same as Cotswold Motorrad and remotely load his software onto BMW ECU’s there, if the owners request it.
The real confirmation of Geoff’s ability is that BMW Motorrad UK also rate him as well. They have made him responsible for tuning all the BMW S1000RR’s in BSB this year. I cannot see them doing that if he was the conman that so many on here insinuate.

Sorry...what is the tangent with the R1250RS? Somehow I never had the need, feeling or desire that I need my bike tuned or having a full system. Had one on my 1150RT...20 years ago, but I did grow up.

Sorry...what is the tangent with the R1250RS? Somehow I never had the need, feeling or desire that I need my bike tuned or having a full system. Had one on my 1150RT...20 years ago, but I did grow up.
Exactly this ^^^^^

Some people can never be satisfied though. All bikes can be improved to some extent but out of the factory, BMW in my own experience seem to have nailed the factory fuelling, within the limits imposed on them, better than most. I don't feel any need to rush out and get an ECU modded.

Really? Cotswold Motorrad are actively promoting modifications to the stock BMW’s electrickery? Surely this makes the BMW warranty null and void?
I seriously doubt that, maybe before the EU law regarding tuning/modifications was changed. If you don't care about warranty why not, it's a free country.
My dealer confirmed the bellow video, mess with the ECU. Voided warranty.

I fitted a decat on My Z900RS and it cured the on/off throttle feel it was about £75 I believe, but you do have to remove the down pipes and cut them, it does make the bike louder but not too loud, I also turned the fast idle on cold start down as well as it was about 2300 rpm that did not help the cold fueling

Rob

Back
Top Bottom