Evskij’ & Wifeskij’ week long jaunt to Eifel…

We are planing on doing at least a party boat for a bit of chilled out fun. Sitting outside a bar is nice, but sitting at the bar that is slowly moving past the river banks filled with wines and all the little towns is much better.
Party boat is a Friday early evening Ev and you can't get off that.
The one through the day you can.

Party boat is a Friday early evening Ev and you can't get off that.
Ahh, good to know. Thank you.
We were hoping to do that on Tuesday or Wednesday as a midweek break.
What sort of time it all kicks off at, do you remember? Or have (possible) the pre-party drinks made it impossible to remember :p
The one through the day you can.
We shall be riding through this town on a couple occasions.
If you have a look at my MRA account, you will see the routes that I have planed for our day trips.

Ahh, good to know. Thank you.
We were hoping to do that on Tuesday or Wednesday as a midweek break.
What sort of time it all kicks off at, do you remember? Or have (possible) the pre-party drinks made it impossible to remember :p

We shall be riding through this town on a couple occasions.
If you have a look at my MRA account, you will see the routes that I have planed for our day trips.
Early evening Ev. Wine festival before hand for a few bottles then the boat and back to the festival.
After that a 20 minute walk back to hotel that takes 2hrs. :ROFLMAO:

If in the Cochem area it's worth checking this place out great views and loverly folks running it just check the opening hours 👍

What is the hut all about?
An old hotelier named Bert sold his property in the village and built what is now called "Uncle Tom's Cabin" in the mid-60s. His friend, the ferryman, liked to drink one to quench his thirst. Thus, Bert regularly supplied his friend with wine and schnapps and in return demanded that the friend send him many guests.

The ferryman was good at telling stories and tricked people into believing that there was an old man sitting up here with an old beard that had already grown into the back of his chair. This aroused the interest of many visitors who wanted to get to know "Uncle Tom". In addition, everyone called him Uncle Tom, so Bert decided to call his new home "Uncle Tom's Cabin".

If in the Cochem area it's worth checking this place out great views and loverly folks running it just check the opening hours 👍

An old hotelier named Bert sold his property in the village and built what is now called "Uncle Tom's Cabin" in the mid-60s. His friend, the ferryman, liked to drink one to quench his thirst. Thus, Bert regularly supplied his friend with wine and schnapps and in return demanded that the friend send him many guests.

The ferryman was good at telling stories and tricked people into believing that there was an old man sitting up here with an old beard that had already grown into the back of his chair. This aroused the interest of many visitors who wanted to get to know "Uncle Tom". In addition, everyone called him Uncle Tom, so Bert decided to call his new home "Uncle Tom's Cabin".
Thank you Si,

Very kind of you. However, could you post the Google maps link again, as it doesn’t seem to work as intended.

Ev

Thank you Wessie. Your link works fine.

Definitely nothing to do with me.
This is what it showed me when I click on Si’ link.
that little word under the time betrays your contention that it's not your device :)

I have no idea what that shortcut is meant to link to.

I did though find ‘Uncle Tom’s Cabin’ near Cochem, via a Google search.

another baffled Apple fanboi :)

it's a shame a huge cohort of the population is seemingly unaware of how to generate a short google maps URL to save these incompatibility blushes

it's a shame a huge cohort of the population is seemingly unaware of how to generate a short google maps URL to save these incompatibility blushes
Original link just opened Google map of my location using Android. Your link worked fine thanks. Looks a great little place Si. Cheers 👍

Might have to visit uncle Tom. Don't think I've been before.

I get it,

but we cannot expect everyone to be an expert at everything, especially as vast majority of the population, was not born with an iPad glued to their face.

I did eventually find it too

Back
Top Bottom