Faro Bike Rally N2

dsb79

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So we are riding to Faro again for the rally. Only ever done the last bit of the N2 but want to do it all. We get off the ferry on Sunday and plan to get to Chaves that day. Leaving us 3 days to do the N2.

Question is it to much to do the N2 in 3 days. Really need to get to Faro on the Wednesday to secure tickets. This is for 2025 so ferry's may change ect. The rally might not even be on with what I've been told.

So we are riding to Faro again for the rally. Only ever done the last bit of the N2 but want to do it all. We get off the ferry on Sunday and plan to get to Chaves that day. Leaving us 3 days to do the N2.

Question is it to much to do the N2 in 3 days. Really need to get to Faro on the Wednesday to secure tickets. This is for 2025 so ferry's may change ect. The rally might not even be on with what I've been told.
Well, if I've plotted the route correctly on Google Maps, on the N2 all the way down, it's 435 miles. You should be able to average 40 mph on roads like that, but even if you only average 30mph, that's 2 x 8 hour riding days. SO I would say 3 days would be quite nicely relaxed.

Unless you're on a C90. :D

That said, I'd strongly recommend a detour via the Serra da Estrela national park. Absolutely fantastic roads, and views.

SO I would say 3 days would be quite nicely relaxed.

In which case I’d recommend the N103 east from Chaves to Braganca.
I imagine the western leg to Braga is equally good but I’ve never done it. Yet…

Back
Top Bottom