Finchingfield, March 17th

Simon Eassom

It seems that everybody was out and about somewhere on their GSs enjoying the glorious sunshine over the weekend.

The inevitable crowds gathered at the village green in Finchingfield, Essex, and enjoyed breakfast at Jemima's Tea Rooms or a pint at the pub next door. At least 7 of us from this BB turned up at 11am, but there were 5 other GSs not belonging to us in evidence.

The picture below only shows about a third of the bikes parked up all round the village green. Animal's silver Adventure is in the foreground with Mrs Animal's red TT600.

Attachments

• finch2.jpg
    finch2.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 227
New members Bob, on the left, Kurt (londonw1) in the middle turned up on their 'not-yet-had-their-first-service' GSs - Bob on a graphitan 1150 with MRA screen, H&B top and bottom bars, and clear lenses with about 270 miles on the clock, and Kurt on a full-dressed Adventure with overland package, Twinduros, and all Ally panniers.

Sean (Animal), is on the right.

Attachments

• finch5.jpg
    finch5.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 237
Cyborg-man Mike O turned up (presumably in his battered Vauxhall Cavalier, but he kept it well hidden), as did newbie Steve (Speggo) - his missus and pillion pal is in the background in the white cardy chatting to Debs (Mrs Animal).

Attachments

• finch6.jpg
    finch6.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 190
Andy Malton (left) came along . . .

Attachments

• finch1.jpg
    finch1.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 336
. . . with his ever immaculate 1150GS Super Motard.

Attachments

• finch3.jpg
    finch3.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 184
Unfortunately, there wasn't a ride-out following the meeting. It was just good to meet up and drink tea in the glorious sunshine. But, I have to say that having ridden the B1053 from Saffron Walden to Braintree on Saturday and twice again on Sunday (it's always been one of my favourite roads) we ought to meet up here more frequently and ride around some of the excellent GS-roads in the vicinity. The 1053 is made for GSs . . . or so the MilleR owner must have thought as I went round the outside of him on one of the 90-degree bends. Mr Toyota MR2 also got a bit of a shock when I undertook him on another of the sharp bends (which he attempted far too briskly in a desperate attempt not to be overtaken by a bike - they never learn do they!).

Excellent piccies Simon, shame I couldn't make it. Finchingfield is a regular ride out for me during the week at the moment and I have been there twice since Sunday!

As you say, some great roads in the area. The only down side is that Finchingfield resembles Picadilly Circus on a sunny Sunday afternoon - cars and bikes everywhere. In the week it's great, very little traffic so you get those roads to yourself.:cool:

Simon Eassom said:
Steve (Speggo) - his missus and pillion pal is in the background in the white cardy chatting to Debs (Mrs Animal).

Simon, thanks for the name check. Unfortunately I have to correct you on two counts: -

1. It was my sister, not my missus - (peace now made with my girlfriend!!)

2. She came on her SV650, not my pillion - (peace now made with my sister!!)

Great ride-out. Must do it again soon without a stonking hangover!

Your sister . . . right! How many times have I used that old one.

Riding her own SV650? With her Frank Thomas Armourguard White Cardigan?

Did anybody see you arrive/leave on separate bikes, who can corroborate your story. Yeh, I thought so!

:D :D :D

Simon Eassom said:
Did anybody see you arrive/leave on separate bikes, who can corroborate your story. Yeh, I thought so!

Didn't see nothing ;)

Definately didn't see a Silver SV650, or overhear (at least twice) that she's your Sister, oh no. ;)

Simon,

No wonder you have cogs instead of a brain - overtaking an RSV Mille on a 90 deg. bend. Not satisfied with that but to overtake a car on the inside of a bend :confused:

Suggest new handle - MAD PROFFESSOR - :D

Simon Eassom said:
Your sister . . . right! How many times have I used that old one.

Riding her own SV650? With her Frank Thomas Armourguard White Cardigan?

:D :D :D
Not sure if Mike O noticed when he was busy photographing his padded seat on my bike, her silver Sv650 next to mine. he's my only witness!!

Come on Mrs Animal, you must be able to corroborate my story!!

Back
Top Bottom