GPR Exhausts

Stevemoid

Reaction score
Has anyone had one of these before? Any reviews skulking about?

I'm thinking of getting one purely because they look nice and are much cheapness. The Yoshi is my ideal choice but the budget doesn't stretch that far I'm afraid.

https://www.gpr-motorcycle-exhausts.co.uk/shop/brand/bmw-exhausts/r1200gs-2013-/r1200gs-exhaust-furore-carbon-look

This is the bugger I was looking at, carbon look without the carbon smushing like another chap had on here. But obviously not getting the weight saving. But for £250 can't complain. I'm not really looking for the performance gain anyway, purely aesthetics.

Cheers

I have one, just sent it back for a warranty claim as it rotted in less than 5 months. It sounds good but it is loud so had to move back to stock for a track day. In summary:

+ looks good initially, sounds great, cheap, easy to fit and you can use the existing shield to cover the link pipe, warranty team have been very good

- mine didn't do well in the winter, melted my indicator on a Spain trip when riding at prolonged higher speed, baffle does nothing - only reduced sound by a couple of db

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2f8d26644dc6f7e9e08bf4d7d4e4592f.jpg

7106d81737e608b70fc9c2fc7a8e78d6.jpg

Has anyone had one of these before? Any reviews skulking about?

I'm thinking of getting one purely because they look nice and are much cheapness. The Yoshi is my ideal choice but the budget doesn't stretch that far I'm afraid.

https://www.gpr-motorcycle-exhausts.co.uk/shop/brand/bmw-exhausts/r1200gs-2013-/r1200gs-exhaust-furore-carbon-look

This is the bugger I was looking at, carbon look without the carbon smushing like another chap had on here. But obviously not getting the weight saving. But for £250 can't complain. I'm not really looking for the performance gain anyway, purely aesthetics.

Cheers

My advice would be to spend £59 extra and get the GPR headers (£309) that are very well made and make a bigger difference than the end can. If you need a can, then save some money and go for Giannelli which are owned by Arrow and look basically that same as Arrow (even has the same fixed rather than separate link pipe). They are very good for the price and I know that CrotchRocket has seen a Giannelli installed and was impressed.

I have one, just sent it back for a warranty claim as it rotted in less than 5 months. It sounds good but it is loud so had to move back to stock for a track day. In summary:

+ looks good initially, sounds great, cheap, easy to fit and you can use the existing shield to cover the link pipe, warranty team have been very good

- mine didn't do well in the winter, melted my indicator on a Spain trip when riding at prolonged higher speed, baffle does nothing - only reduced sound by a couple of db

Thanks for the info and pics there.

Looking at the state of the end cap think I might pass. Have enough with the bike rotting away nevermind the exhaust too :D

No problem. At the cheaper end of the market it might be worth considering Leo Vince and Mivv. I know Crotchrocket on here has a Leo that he seems happy with. I have had Mivvs in the past and they were ok but not had one on my GS. If I replace my GPR it will be with a Remus or Yoshi I think.

Just to add balance a mate of mine has a 2 into 1 GPR system on his KTM 990 which has shown no rot at all even with off-road use.

I think it was road salt that destroyed mine

sorry about the poor pic quality, I have one and its good, pops when it should and sounds great, I did notice a big difference in db when I took the killer out but is loud when you have boxes on as it bounces on the inside of it

great for the money and looks the part also :beerjug:

Attachments

• 16681856_10154353730008017_3078960008913511210_n.jpg
    16681856_10154353730008017_3078960008913511210_n.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 213

Back
Top Bottom