GPX - A few Wales Routes

Hi Barnoe……I had painted a rough route/direction on a google map, but i saw now, that i can't attetch without being a paying member……..Wish you a nice trip! I case of any questions: do not hesitate.

Thank you, Joerg

That is all good information. It shows how the Travel section of UKGSer works, with people trying to help each other.

You will probably have seen that the Travel section is now much better divided into countries or regions. If you have any ideas, suggestions or comments on Germany (or anywhere else) please do share them with us all.

If you can tell us where in Wales you will be starting from when you go back to Harwich, I am sure someone will have some good ideas to help you. To be honest, I am not sure that there is great route for you to take, unless you go along lots of the smaller roads but knowing (even roughly) where you a starting from in the morning and what time your ferry sets sail will help people to help you.

As you can see from these two screen shots, whether you start from the south or north of Wales, the journey across the middle of England (you are going across the widest bit of our little island) almost always takes the same way eventually.

145edf3a80f0c18e8e058a2edc48e8bf.png

Richard
f7d140dcf2b0b5f785978c5bc2b01ec5.png

According to the current Status we will stay the last three Nights of our Trip in the area of Bala, if we can find a nice accomodation there. The Ferry leaves at 11 p.m. Harwich, so we have the hole day for the Trip. As far as i See in the Moment, it will be probably somthing like East up kilometers ...

Thanks Joerg :thumb
I will check the places you mention

you mention beer a few times you must know me :D

If you deside to go through the Harz, maybe you should have a short look to the lovely villages Quedlinburg, Goslar and Wernigerode.

Cracking routes tjmouse. As Wessie says. Also between points 16 and 17 on the Beacons route....before point 17 turn right on the main road heading down towards Merthyr, then left just before the Heads of the Valley onto the Vaynor road. This takes you up the Pontsticill road up into the remote valley past Pontsticill Reservoir and right behind the Brecon Beacons 9ver the mountain road and down to Talybont Reservoir coming back out onto your return route. .:okay

Here's another for you tjmouse et al if you ever revisit the Brecon route. Between points 4 and 5 from Crickhowell to Llangynidr, when you get to the B4560 junction, before turning right to keep on route, take the left turn and climb just for half a mile up the road...there's a layby on the other side for you to turn around and if it's clear, take a break as you will be rewarded with one of the finest views you will ever see, I kid you not. The Beacons, Llangorse Lake and up into Brecon and mid Wales. You can then drop back down and continue your route to Llangynidr.

Nothing to see up over Llangynidr moors………honest. Managed to get out yesterday and filmed a few miles, it speeds up after a minute and might give a taste of a bit of my regular rides.

https://youtu.be/pBrvR_yLVpA

This relates to my YouTube ride in the previous post

Attachments

• IMG_0223.jpg
    IMG_0223.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 43
Nothing to see up over Llangynidr moors………honest. Managed to get out yesterday and filmed a few miles, it speeds up after a minute and might give a taste of a bit of my regular rides.

https://youtu.be/pBrvR_yLVpA

Last house onthe right ..Bleddyn Williams :thumb Lived in Garnlydan as a kid. :cool:

I take it you're being sarcy with"nothing to see on Llangynidr Moors? You're video is sped up too much BB.....and the Hi Vis selfie in the corner ...really?

Last house onthe right ..Bleddyn Williams :thumb Lived in Garnlydan as a kid. :cool:

I take it you're being sarcy with"nothing to see on Llangynidr Moors? You're video is sped up too much BB.....and the Hi Vis selfie in the corner ...really?

Correct
Cheers, but it was boring me and the video was really for my records, still trying the 360 X3…..and mostly failing. Trying to process via iPad/iPhone for when I eventually get back to VN….last trip had to be cut short in 2020 😬

Back
Top Bottom