Greetings

Flopper

Reaction score
Hi, I've just signed up after Google pointed me this way searching for insurance advice.

I currently ride a 2021 GS1250A TE which is being replaced next week with the 1300 so looking forward to getting some miles on that, I have my annual trip to the NW200 coming up in May and a Welsh tour for September, hopefully can squeeze in a Euro trip too this year.

I'm not a big forum user but will try and keep an eye on anything local and other events.

Cheers Nathan

Welcome, try the Search for Insurance info, but the one thing you will find is experiences vary widely.

NIce upgrade you have there, either bike does the job well, but if you can , why not.

I was previously with Bemoto, and happy with them, take care to ensure their cheapest quote has the exclusions you need, I wanted a bit more flexibility around bikes at/near home when not garaged, so paid a bit more for the policy I wanted, come renewal and apparently my favoured co. no longer quoted and they put me with one of the companies I'd specifically declined. You need to take care when with a broker at renewal particularly if the Underwriter changes, in the end we had to a agree to disagree on a number of points so I moved away.

Do try the MoneySupermarket etc. comparison sites it can be very enlightening.

Good luck, I'm sure someone with a new 1300 will be along soon.

Welcome, try the Search for Insurance info, but the one thing you will find is experiences vary widely.

NIce upgrade you have there, either bike does the job well, but if you can , why not.

I was previously with Bemoto, and happy with them, take care to ensure their cheapest quote has the exclusions you need, I wanted a bit more flexibility around bikes at/near home when not garaged, so paid a bit more for the policy I wanted, come renewal and apparently my favoured co. no longer quoted and they put me with one of the companies I'd specifically declined. You need to take care when with a broker at renewal particularly if the Underwriter changes, in the end we had to a agree to disagree on a number of points so I moved away.

Do try the MoneySupermarket etc. comparison sites it can be very enlightening.

Good luck, I'm sure someone with a new 1300 will be along soon.
Thank you, the whole insurance thing really is a bit of a lottery, at 50 I have never really had to deal with insurers but in the last 18 months have 2 incidents (non motoring) that completely opened my eyes to the practices of some of these organisations. They are ruthless bar stewards and worm they way out of anything they can, if I hadn't experienced it myself I would not believe it, subsequently my view on insurance in general has changed.

Greetings & welcome to the forum!! Enjoy your new bike when it arrives...:thumby:

Insurance...ummm. I've been with Bemoto for a few years now & so far, so good. There is a section on the forum for insurance so make yourself a cuppa & go searching - plenty of information & experiences to read through.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike 👍

Your right insurance companies worm they way out of as much as they can, they are happy to take our money but not so happy when it comes to pay out.
On insurance comparison sites, often the cheapest insurance comes back from a company I've never heard of, this always worries me.
I tend to go down the list until i see a quote from someone I've heard of, and tick the extra boxes to cover more.

Its a minefield and in 37 years only made one claim back in 1988 🤞
so I've not really had to argue with any of them.

house insurance on the other hand, Ageas are criminal i don't know how they are in business.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike 👍

Your right insurance companies worm they way out of as much as they can, they are happy to take our money but not so happy when it comes to pay out.
On insurance comparison sites, often the cheapest insurance comes back from a company I've never heard of, this always worries me.
I tend to go down the list until i see a quote from someone I've heard of, and tick the extra boxes to cover more.

Its a minefield and in 37 years only made one claim back in 1988 🤞
so I've not really had to argue with any of them.

house insurance on the other hand, Ageas are criminal i don't know how they are in business.
Thanks for the welcome :)

Back
Top Bottom