Hattech luggage plate

Ashes

This looks like a great piece of kit that replaces the luggage rack with a lower and more stable mounting. There are a few different models that have predrilled holes for different top boxes. Have a look at
www.hattech.de in their shop section for the BMW1200GS.

A great option (and cheaper one), looks like a generic mount where you can attach your own custom made mounting plate to fit your luggage system. These plates also have grab handles.

Have any you guys fitted the Hattech luggage plate to your R12GS.

No fitted the Hattech rack, but I have fitted the BMW GSA rack to the GS which has the benefits of lowering the top box and more stregth than the standard rack.

While your looking at their site check out the underseat exhaust system.

Thunder said:
No fitted the Hattech rack, but I have fitted the BMW GSA rack to the GS which has the benefits of lowering the top box and more stregth than the standard rack.

While your looking at their site check out the underseat exhaust system.

Hi,

I have a newly-aquired 1200Adv (with rack) but thought that I needed the GS1200 "tripod" mount to take the Vario top-box?

Is there an adaptor plate that would fit the top-box to the GSA rack?

Al :D

Blackal said:
Hi,

I have a newly-aquired 1200Adv (with rack) but thought that I needed the GS1200 "tripod" mount to take the Vario top-box?

Is there an adaptor plate that would fit the top-box to the GSA rack?

Not aware of an adaptor , seems to be a demand for GS parts from GSA owners wanting to fit the vario luggage to the GSA as the panniers won't fit as the rack uses the same mounting points.

Worth keeping an eye on Ebay, the pannier rails and racks turn up fairly regularly.

luggage options?

Are there any other luggage manufacturers that make hard panniers and top boxes for our gs1200's. I was planning on purchasing a set of BMW ones, but I cant part with that amount of cash for something that I only plan on using a couple of times per year.

Have a look on Ebay or the maker's sites for

HEPCO & BECKER
ALPOS
CAJA SAHEL

Alpos are a bit on the thin side (wall-thickness) from what I have seen, though.

I think all the other makers are more costly than the BMW ones (the Varios, that is)

Deano said:
Are there any other luggage manufacturers that make hard panniers and top boxes for our gs1200's. I was planning on purchasing a set of BMW ones, but I cant part with that amount of cash for something that I only plan on using a couple of times per year.

Lots of alternatives out there but be aware if your looking at Aluminium Luggage the costs will be similar to and in a lot of cases more than the BMW Vario systems.

Caja Sahel which has been mentioned are top class and made by a fellow Tosser on this site.

Check out Hepco and Becker who do a range of hard plastic as well as aluminium luggage. It's worth rembering that their systems all use the same mounting frames so if you can find a set of luggage it may just be a case of buying the frames. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom