Help needed fitting a headlight protector.

Martylaa

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Morning, so I purchased a headlight protector from eBay for my 21 BMW R1250GS but its turned up with loads of bits and no instructions? Can't seem to find a YouTube video so wondering if anyone has any instructions they could link so I can fit it?

Bit of a long shot but thought I would ask?

Thats the one I bought.

This one shows it fitted so should give you a better idea how it goes together
It can't be that hard its only 4 bolts (mine only has two)

Its turned up with way more than 4 bolts tbh, its driving me mad lol

Its turned up with way more than 4 bolts tbh, its driving me mad lol
Well some will be to replace the ones already on the bike as they will need to be slightly longer than the originals to take into account the thickness of the metal

Tried the wunderlich download, I’ve admitted defeat and sent it back to eBay seller.

Worst accessory I’ve bought so far tbh.

Have to spend a bit more on one with instructions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried the wunderlich download, I’ve admitted defeat and sent it back to eBay seller.

Worst accessory I’ve bought so far tbh.

Have to spend a bit more on one with instructions.

Puig do a very simple to fit one and very cheap compared to some. Only uses two screws

Have a look at a YouTube channel called normski he did one on the 1200 lc I think the 1250 headlight setup is the same.

Have a look at a YouTube channel called normski he did one on the 1200 lc I think the 1250 headlight setup is the same.

Ah I’ve sent it back an hour ago for a refund. Lesson learnt tbh.

Thanks all, I spent around 2 hours on trying to get this to fit today and gave up, I'm pretty sure there was some nuts missing as I just couldn't make it work. Anyway liking the look of the Puig one although I did see the Ammo Guard from a bike thing, which looked great until I saw the price haha...

Thanks all, I spent around 2 hours on trying to get this to fit today and gave up, I'm pretty sure there was some nuts missing as I just couldn't make it work. Anyway liking the look of the Puig one although I did see the Ammo Guard from a bike thing, which looked great until I saw the price haha...
Have a look at this one

Yep watched those yesterday, they do look good don’t they, tasty price mind haha

Has anyone actually ever damaged their unprotected headlight?

..just curious...

Followed his video today. Fitted in 30 minutes.

..just curious...

Very good question. I can see the risk in an extreme off-road situation, but in normal road riding it seems fairly unlikely to me.

..just curious...
Seen plenty of broken ones on cars and had my visor chipped by a large stone flicked up when behind a car.
You can always buy a new cover for the adaptive one though.

I had a Cymarc on my ‘20 GS.. It was properly industrial and could have probably sustained half a brick hitting it.

I‘ll take my chances this time.

I've fitted one or two myself on bikes, but I've also just given an odd one to a mechanic at service time and let him put it on whilst he's doing the other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom