High frequency vibration?

Hartley

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi.
Few weeks ago my 1250 GS had new engine cases after a warranty claim for corrosion.
Since then I’ve noticed a buzzing/ high frequency vibration through the bike which can be felt through the bars , pegs, engine bars and other areas of the bike. It’s becomes most noticeable from around 4k up, it doesn’t go away higher up the rev range. This is RPM related and not speed as I’ve sat the bike on the centre stand in neutral and increased the revs and you can feel it. The dealer had the bike in for a 600 miles oil change and said they can’t detect anything.
I had another 1250 on loan while my bike was in and that felt exactly as mine used to
.It’s booked in again next week for further investigation.
I’m just wondering if this rings any bells with anyone who may have had a similar issue at any point?

Thanks in advance.

Hi.
Few weeks ago my 1250 GS had new engine cases after a warranty claim for corrosion.
Since then I’ve noticed a buzzing/ high frequency vibration through the bike which can be felt through the bars , pegs, engine bars and other areas of the bike. It’s becomes most noticeable from around 4k up, it doesn’t go away higher up the rev range. This is RPM related and not speed as I’ve sat the bike on the centre stand in neutral and increased the revs and you can feel it. The dealer had the bike in for a 600 miles oil change and said they can’t detect anything.
I had another 1250 on loan while my bike was in and that felt exactly as mine used to
.It’s booked in again next week for further investigation.
I’m just wondering if this rings any bells with anyone who may have had a similar issue at any point?

Thanks in advance.
Not put back together properly, engine parts or clutch parts rubbing somewhere?

One of main reasons of high frequency vibration is the crashbars.
So, if your bike has crashbars, remove them and take it for a ride to see. They mighy have been badly assembled.

Funnily enough Bosnjo, I was planning on backing off the engine bars and retorqueing them in correct sequence tonight. 👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom