Honda nt 1100

JJH

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a nt 1100 since march last year. 22,000 miles. Actually 34,000 kms. Screen been acting weirdly lately. There’s a few references on line. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem or heard of it. JJH

I have a nt 1100 since march last year. 22,000 miles. Actually 34,000 kms. Screen been acting weirdly lately. There’s a few references on line. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem or heard of it. JJH
Plenty on forums etc. Its a known problem on NTs and ATs Honda are replacing faulty screens.
Take it to your dealer, you are still in warranty.
The screens are made by Garmin.

Funny that. According to Honda Ireland they haven’t come across this problem before. JJH

In my years of bmtroubleu ownership I’ve never encountered such waffle. I phoned up this morning and asked to speak to service. Got talking to someone who professed to know nothing about the problem. Oh hold on says he I’ll put you trough to someone. I’m trough to sales. Of course he’s wondering why I’m talking to him. So am I. Am I getting the runaround? They were emailed on 11/11 about the problem. I’m going back to bm. JJH

Regardless of whether it is a known problem they have to sort it, but I would suspect that if the mothership has not revised the item in question that there is potential for the fault to reappear down the line. Had a tussle with Honda my self when the Africa Twin kept throwing fault codes and they buggered about looking for "technical bulletins" and referring to HQ.
Sorted it myself in a few hours by simple elimination proceedures.
Good luck with it John, hope you get it sorted with minimal hassle.

A common issue this - allegedly Honda have been holding off replacing the tft MID screens until they have a viable replacement available. Sounds more like a Garmin style explanation, hardly helpful as this affects ATs from MY 2020 onwards as well.

Anyway, the latest I can see comes from the AT forum, where it seems owners in Canada have received a conciliatory letter from Honda.

......... https://www.africatwinforum.com/threads/interesting-letter-from-honda-mid-issues.46827/

Well worth showing to your dealer if they try to use the 'we know nothing' excuse again.

A common issue this - allegedly Honda have been holding off replacing the tft MID screens until they have a viable replacement available. Sounds more like a Garmin style explanation, hardly helpful as this affects ATs from MY 2020 onwards as well.

Anyway, the latest I can see comes from the AT forum, where it seems owners in Canada have received a conciliatory letter from Honda.

......... https://www.africatwinforum.com/threads/interesting-letter-from-honda-mid-issues.46827/

Well worth showing to your dealer if they try to use the 'we know nothing' excuse again.
Apparently the Honda TFT screen is made by Garmin. See Pic. I think that the Warranty for screens on UK bikes is also to be extended to 10 years. Hopefully, a couple of screenshots have been posted on the Honda forum but no confirmatory letters yet.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 56 (01).jpg
    ScreenHunter 56 (01).jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 41
Thanks for all the replies. I’ve still to receive any replies from Honda Ireland about my bike. They apparently don’t know about the problem. They were emailed about my problem from my dealer and 10 days later still didn’t know anything about it. I’m not very confident about the outcome. JJH

Thanks for all the replies. I’ve still to receive any replies from Honda Ireland about my bike. They apparently don’t know about the problem. They were emailed about my problem from my dealer and 10 days later still didn’t know anything about it. I’m not very confident about the outcome. JJH
People in the UK have contacted Honda customer service themselves with some success.

People in the UK have contacted Honda customer service themselves with some success.
I think this should be your next port of call and quote your local dealership and add references to the online owners forums too.

Back
Top Bottom