How should i cook my first Haggis?

Flying visit to Glasgow weekend past for a birthday party and i bought this in the airport.
bbd897c4172a9e299b568c466cd0f05f.jpg

How would you suggest i cook it? My plan to cover in tin foil and put in the oven In an inch of water for 90 mins. Tatties will be mashed irish spuds and the neeps will most likely be a can of baked beans.

The picture suggests haggis can be used in more ways than i thought? Can i grill haggis?
Thats the best way......but forget the beans! Neeps is swede/turnip, depending on where you are, neeps can't be beans. If you can't hack neeps, just stick to the tatties....delicious....

I did these a few years ago as a starter for Christmas dinner. and a few times since. Absolutely gorgeous

Plenty of butter in your spuds and turnips when you are mashing them and black pepper in the turnips. I have to eat haggis earlier in the evening now or it gives me terrible heartburn :)

Now for breakfast Clontakilty black pudding topped with a poached egg on buttered sourdough toast :D

Microwave and served with chips and broon sauce for a lovely midweek meal. Or with the traditional mashed tatties and neeps. Braw

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

We are taking your point about the turnip, so it’ll be eaten this time tomorrow. No turnip in the house today.

Slice it and fry as you would black pudding and serve it with full Scottish in place of the black pudding.
Utterly delicious 🤤

Make sure you scrape the scaly side first, then pluck the feathers on the short legs. Leave the longer legs for holding onto the beastie as it tries to tin from the firy fire. Make sure you have yon ear plugs in cos they cannae hauf squeel loud.

Back
Top Bottom