Hyperstrada 1100

GOAT

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone got one?
Was thinking of buying something fun to sit alongside my 1250gs for occasional shorter trips
Something fun, not too pricey and not too much electronics to go wrong
Miss my husky 701e but fancy something upright, punchy and good on back roads
Any owners/experience?
I’m seeing 1100’s for about 4.5-5k
Evo 1100’s a bit more
TIA

Don't think they ever made the Hyperstrada with the air cooled 1100 engine - do you mean the Hypermotard?
I've had my 2007 1100s since 2008 and doubt I'll ever sell it (though it's been on SORN for a couple of years now). Great for back lane blatting but is a very flexible machine - you can even tour on it. (I've been all over Europe and even ventured into the Atlas mountains,where it survived some very rough tracks. Fitted a California Cycleworks long range tank, DP 'comfort' seat and used Oxford soft panniers. Worked surprisingly well as long as you avoid motorways) Bomb proof engine but well worth paying a bt extra for one that's had a remap/uprated DP ECU + exhaust/intakes to suit which really smooths ity out, particularly picking up from at lower revs. Way, way better than standard. (Mines got underseat Termis, Zard headers, PCV + Autotune - genuine 90bhp and oodles of torque. Ducshop intakes/K&Ns waiting to go back on once I remove the big tank). No fancy electronics, not even ABS. I plan to refresh mine at some point and add more lightness with bits that I've acquired over the years, aiming for 165kg, wet. Highly recommended, especially in the S or EVO SP versions. Definitely punchy and fun

Thanks for that and yes, you’re right
It’s the hypermotard I was thinking of (��)
Cheers
Goat

I had an 821SP version but it was 6 years back in 2017 when i also had my 2017 gsa triple black too.

It was accomplished and good fun from what i remember, seem to remember putting a ducati performance seat as there was annoying ridge to the standard seat. I was debating another 6 months back, this time a 950SP, but the one i was interested in sold so i bought a 690 Enduro.

Back
Top Bottom