I had a "Thrilling" ride yesterday. (TomTom Go App)

MikeS

Bloke
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I used the TomTom Go app yesterday to find an interesting route back from the South West meet up in Broad Windsor back to Bristol to avoid the obvious M4 or A37.

The route type on the app used to be called "Winding Roads" but has now mean renamed "Thrilling", I prefer the old name but its not a big deal.

Anyway, what a great route it was, mile after mile of great back roads through some lovely scenery, who knew Somerset was so nice. Its was also a good work out for my newly repaired but aging DR650.

I realise TomTom Go is not a serious satnav but it did well yesterday. Its also good for day to day usage, worth a look.

Attachments

• small Screenshot_20230426_121524_TomTom GO.jpg
    small Screenshot_20230426_121524_TomTom GO.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 126
  • Small Screenshot_20230425_125549_TomTom GO.jpg
    Small Screenshot_20230425_125549_TomTom GO.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 124
I used the My Route App to create a mystery tour.

didn't check it, i just rode it.
like you i was surprised how good it was.

use the website HERE

there is a paid version to open everything and its worth it.
get the lifetime gold membership when they are on offer.

Create scenic roundtours from your house, back to your house.
the one it made for me was pretty cool.
70 miles and took me to places i never knew about... which i though was impossible locally lol

I like the TomTom app and have it on my phones along with many other nav apps. I say phones, because I have both Android and iPhones as my favourite navigation apps are Android but I am very embedded in the Macverse so have an iPhone. Tellingly, I have Tomtom on both Adroid and iPhone and I particularly like its ability to follow a track with little or no change to the track as opposed to a route but also it converts any track it uses into a route with all the usual luxuries that implies.

Back
Top Bottom